Mode of Employment: Limited; 15-20 hours/week Your extra treasure of experience. How will we travel, communicate, and use energy in the world of tomorrow? Work on the right answers with us. We are
Mode of Employment: Limited; 15-20 hours/week
Your extra treasure of experience.
How will we travel, communicate, and use energy in the world of tomorrow? Work on the right answers with us. We are looking for bright minds – thinkers with a passion for practical matters. In short, people who can turn their questions and ours into exciting new discoveries. When you join our team as one of our working students, you will find many opportunities to get involved. Seize the chance to be part of our global network, make key contacts, and get your career as well as your personal life on the best track. Our teams are curious to meet you.
What part will you play?
The working student position focuses on developing the SDN network reconfiguration APIs and integrating them with an existing permissioned-blockchain application based on Hyperledger Fabric (HLF). In addition, applying best security practices for the development of microservice based architectures and modern deployments practices in the cloud will be one of main focus of this position.
The student will have the chance to work and learn together with security experts of Siemens Technology.
In concrete, the following activities are in scope:
- Identifying the right tools and technology to implement a SDN controller
- Developing an API driven approach to (re)configure the network access
- Developing and configuring interfaces between SDN controller and HLF blockchain smart contracts
- Applying SecDevOps practices and using them for continuous deployment (CD) in cloud environments
- Documentation of applied security measures
What you need to make real what matters.
- Currently you are studying Informatic or similar
- You have good knowledge in the following technologies: (e.g., GIT), docker, Linux, hands-on experience with Python (REST-APIs) is an advantage
- You have a good understanding of networking concepts such as firewall rules, cloud-based software development
- Proven participation in software engineering or development course is an advantage
- You also have knowledge of SDN concepts and CI/CD are an asset
- You bring fluent communication and writing skills in English (fluent German is an advantage)
Please write a cover letter explaining your interest in the topic, your experience in software or prototype development e.g., a project or your bachelor thesis that you have completed in the past.
Recommended: Please include references to any code that could demonstrate your coding ability (e.g., a Github project)
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
if you wish to find out more about Siemens before applying.
Do you have questions about the application? Here you will find answers to frequently asked questions.
If you have more questions please contact: www.siemens.de/fragenzurbewerbung
if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Part-time