At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team’s overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables....
At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team’s overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Business Transformation Services (BTS) is the world’s largest consulting services organization and a Workday Platinum partner. BTS provides clients with business transformation and industry expertise, and the ability to translate that expertise into integrated, responsive, innovative business solutions. BTS provides HCM and Finance consulting services across multiple industries and covers the whole process chain from strategy consulting through to the design, implementation and operation of the Workday solution.
We are seeking experienced Workday HCM and Financials Project Managers, to join our vibrant and growing Workday practice. Candidates for this role should have proven sales and delivery experience with Workday, including outstanding presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Our team is expanding and we are hiring Workday HCM & Financials Project Managers.
- As a Workday project manager you will have broad knowledge of Workday, with experience of leading workday implementations for large and or complex organisations. As project manager you will plan, design and deliver integrated workday programmes with innovative solutions that deliver value for our customers.
- You bring a depth of expertise in understanding the dependencies between project streams and tasks, and embed a culture of collaboration within the project team. Transformational projects may require engagement, management and collaboration across multiple internal and external consulting and technology teams. Build strong relationships with key stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Working with many of the largest organisations in the world our Workday consultants get involved in many of the most exciting projects, from bid and design right through to implementation and delivery. You’ll work on our top tier client portfolio at the cutting edge of business and cognitive technology, working closely with a variety of stakeholders. At IBM, you’ll get experience with projects that span the globe, and work with the world’s largest experienced services skill pool, in more than 170 countries worldwide.
- Playing a key role in practice development, driving innovation in project delivery, and helping to transfer knowledge and develop our aspiring project managers.
- Overall ownership of the project plan, and team coordination. Creating, maintains and directing the tasks on the project plan for the implementation of Workday Human Capital and/or Financial Management software.
- Oversee project finances and maintain data privacy standards across the project
- Create a team environment, IBM and customer that works constructively to deliver the project plan successfully.
- Report to project executive leadership and take an active role in issue resolution, planning and guiding the project.
- As part of sales process, to meet prospective client needs designing and estimating innovative solutions centred upon workday that will deliver a world class user experience, leveraging the latest exponential technologies. (intelligent workflows, blockchain, virtual agents, AI)
- Supporting pursuit teams throughout the sales process, defining and educating our customers with innovative solutions, articulated through written, and oral presentation
- Lead the project delivery overseeing the integrated team to successfully deliver Workday.
- Work closely and constructively with Workday delivery assurance
Working for IBM you can expect a learning culture where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded and innovation is valued and respected. We empower our team members to build successful and rewarding careers. Starting at the interview process and continuing throughout your career, you always have access to our leadership team – as mentors, team members and often working side by side on projects. We want you to have more than just a job…IBM has your long term career goals in mind.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in a proven track record delivering complex Workday HCM & Payroll and or financials projects (at least 2 End to End Workday Implementations)
- Ability to create and execute project plans to meet changing project demands, engaging the team and delivering on time to budget.
- Ability to scope and define appropriate staffing models to deliver the programme successfully (all streams) onshore, nearshore and offshore.
- Workday EM and Workday HCM core or finance core current Certifications required.
- Prepare for and manage Workday delivery assurance reviews
- Effectively apply IBM methodology consistently
- Actively, identify, manage, and report on project risks issues and dependencies
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of developing methodology and continuous improvements in delivery
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Business background or qualification in HCM, Payroll or finance in a corporate environment
- Experience as a Workday functional consultant / solution architect
- Experience selling and delivering HCM & Payroll technology programs (not just Workday)
- A knowledge of cognitive technologies, and their integration with Workday
- Professional qualification and or experience in HCM, Payroll or Finance
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.