As a leading firm, Loyens & Loeff is the logical choice as a legal and tax partner if you do business in or from the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg or Switzerland, our home markets. Our clients can
As a leading firm, Loyens & Loeff is the logical choice as a legal and tax partner if you do business in or from the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg or Switzerland, our home markets. Our clients can count on personal advice from any of our 900 advisers based in one of our offices in the Benelux and Switzerland or in key financial centres around the world. Thanks to our full-service practice, specific sector experience and thorough knowledge of the market, our advisers understand exactly what clients need.
Loyens & Loeff is currently recruiting a Legal Winter intern Data Protection within the Practice Group Litigation and Risk Management.
You will gather information on all relevant developments in the field of privacy and data protection (think of the GDPR, the e-Privacy Regulation, artificial intelligence, blockchain, telecommunications law, etc.). In addition, you will be involved in case law research and you will be asked to contribute to the structuring and updating of the team’s know-how, models and memoranda.
Are you the Winter intern we are looking for?
- You are a Master or ManaMa student studying Belgian law with an excellent academic record so far;
- You have followed at least one course on data protection and privacy law (or IT law more generally) and have a clear interest to work in this field of law;
- You have a perfect command of Dutch or French, an excellent knowledge of English and at least a passive knowledge of the second national language;
- You work proactively and you are results-oriented;
- You are a team player and you communicate easily and effectively with both your colleagues and clients;
- You are eager to develop within a quality professional environment and you have a genuine interest in law.
What’s in it for you?
- You will have the opportunity to work with experienced lawyers, acquire practical experience of working at a leading law firm and obtain unique insights into the way professionals work;
- You will be guided by a coach, who will assist you, ensure that you will be given the opportunity to learn and involve you in interesting matters;
- Flexible working schedule: working days and hours to be determined depending on your availability;
- You will receive a competitive salary package;
- Successful winter internships could lead to employment later on;
- A modern work environment.
Period: October 2022 – December 2022 or February 2023 – May 2023 (by mutual agreement)
Working regime: Part-time
Are you looking to gain experience in Data Protection and do you have some free time during the months October 2022 to December 2022 or February 2023 to May 2023? Then Apply now for this winter internship!
How to apply?
Please click on the link to apply. Do not forget to enclose your CV, cover letter and a transcript of your obtained grades. Please specify your preferences regarding the period and working regime.