Introduction The IBM Watson AI Ops software is a critical component in the middleware stack and plays a key role in IBM’s Automation strategy. As a Customer Support Engineer, you will participate
The IBM Watson AI Ops software is a critical component in the middleware stack and plays a key role in IBM’s Automation strategy. As a Customer Support Engineer, you will participate in the worldwide remote technical support team for the Watson AI Ops product.
You will be part of an international team and organization that is distributed around the globe. You will act as a global team member contributing to a seamless 24×7 “follow-the-sun” support for IBM’s customers. You will be working with customers around the world.
You will go beyond the industry standard technical support practices and will become an expert on the product, with a strong knowledge of the product’s internal components as well as how the solution is utilized by customers. Your top priority is always going to be customer success and customer satisfaction, by answering their technical questions and resolving their product-related issues you will contribute to their success.
Watson AI Ops is foundational to Cloud Pak and the Automation Framework and is central to IBM’s AI and Automation strategy.
You will have the opportunity to work on the latest and most exciting technologies in the marketplace today. This position offers the opportunity to build skills and expertise in one of IBM’s most strategic imperatives. You will have an extraordinary opportunity to be challenged and for continuous learning in CloudPak areas that will further differentiate IBM from competitors and will enhance your skillset for long term career growth.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a senior and expert Customer Support Engineer in Rome, to provide technical support assistance to customers using problem determination/problem source identification skills.
- Communicate action plans to the customer or IBM representative as appropriate.
- Work closely with clients as leading resolver to assist and expedite problem resolution during product implementation by providing remote troubleshooting and guidance.Review diagnostic information to assist in isolation of a problem cause (which includes interpreting traces).
- Provide technical support within established guidelines; demonstrating soft skills and technical skills that contribute to client satisfaction.
- Partner with other support teams and service units to provide seamless problem resolution that lead to delightful client perceptions, utilizing technical and negotiation skills.
- Recommend and implement new or improvements to existing technical support tools, procedures and processes.
- Contribute to department attainment of organizational objectives and high customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the products supported by maintaining applicable technical certifications.
- May provide training for and mentorship for others on the team.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Basic knowledge in Operating system administration (Windows, Linux)
- Basic knowledge in database administration (DB2, Oracle, MS SQL)
- Basic knowledge of Java
- Basic knowledge of LDAP
- Basic knowledge of network technologies (routing, firewalls, port forwarding)
- Basic knowledge of process/data minin
Basic knowledge of Apache Flink and Kafka
- Basic knowledge of Elastic Search
- Basic knowledge in Kibana
- Basic knowledge of Containerization and Kubernetes
- English: Fluent in speaking and writing
- Analytical thinking, structured problem-solving techniques
- Basic knowledge of IBM’s Digital Business Automation Product Family
- Strong positive customer service attitude with sensitivity to client satisfaction.
- Must be a self-starter, quick learner, and enjoy working in a challenging, fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, including problem recreation, analyzing logs and traces, debugging complex issues to determine a course of action and recommend solutions
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 years experience in Technical Support
- At least 1 year experience in Operating system administration (Windows, Linux)
- At least 1 year experience in database administration (DB2, Oracle, MS SQL)
- At least 1 year experience in products of IBM’s Digital Business Automation Product Family
- At least 1 year experience in Process/Data Mining
- At least 1 year experience in Containerization
- At least 1 year experience in Apache Flink and Kafka
- At least 1 year experience in Kubernetes
- At least 1 year experience in Kibana
- At least 1 year experience in Elastic Search
- At least 6 months experience in development (including related technologies, e.g.: XML, EJB, JSP and Web services)
- Fluent in speaking and writing in English and additional language(s)
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.