This is CoreMarine The new breed of ocean engineers... CoreMarine is a digital-first construction partner delivering digital technology & projects to the biggest sectors in the ocean economy
This is CoreMarine
The new breed of ocean engineers…
CoreMarine is a digital-first construction partner delivering digital technology & projects to the biggest sectors in the ocean economy.
We make our oceans less complex by applying digital technology to technical problems.
At CoreMarine we take our engineering seriously, but not ourselves. It is a supportive, but also fun, challenging and dynamic atmosphere where everyone is pushed to greater things.
We continuously work in the new ocean industries: whether it is delivering clean offshore energy or elegant digital solutions, our sweet spot is where our expertise can optimise and deliver efficient solutions to the new ocean industries.
On the back of early commercial success and a strong backlog of digital projects, we are expanding our team with a Digital Manager to lead the development of our digital products, and with time grow into a director role.
What Will You Do
Working closely with the board and leadership team, you will lead the development of our digital products for the ocean industries. You will innovate, find new opportunities and new products to develop & deliver.
Some of the responsibilities you can expect in this role:
- Overall responsibility & ownership for the design, development, deployment, operation & growth of the CoreMarine Digital products (CoreDigital)
- Lead & mentor the development team
- Develop & drive the CoreMarine Digital Strategy
- Co-develop the overall CoreMarine Strategy
- Be an active member of the CoreMarine leadership team
- Lead Customer Success function
- Identify new tools (AI, ML, blockchain, open source etc) that can support and enhance our solutions
- Identify new markets, opportunities & digital products to deliver
- Attract and retain top talent, and build digital capabilities across the company
- Manage & source subcontractors for development or database services
- Write & implement functional testing requirements for software deployment.
Who Are You
You don’t like the same old and are pushing for a new chapter in your career. You want ownership in the work you do, and appreciate the support of your fellow colleagues. Our values resonate well with you.
You are an experienced engineer, developer & people manager. You have already helped develop, implement and deploy digital products, whether this was leading the process or being part of the team that did. Maybe you have some experience with the ocean industries, maybe not. Either way, we want to meet you!
On top of this, we would also expect some of the following qualifications:
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Flexible, adaptive & innovative attitude
- Software development life cycle experience
- Software deployment & operational experience within a SaaS framework
- Demonstrated success in software deployment
- Team management experience
- Experience with managing a customer success function
- Demonstrated understanding of systems, database and networking
Brownie points if you have any of the following:
- Structural, mechanical or hydro engineering experience
- Ocean industry experience
Not matching all of the above? Don’t worry! We’d love to hear from you anyway, as a great team fit is very important to us.
What do We Offer
Our Scandinavian roots influence our company culture: CoreMariners enjoy a high degree of trust, fun and meaningful work, autonomy and work-life balance. We move fast, we think differently, and we learn from and support each other.
We’re all about digital-first ocean construction, which means we use our in-house CoreDigital suite to plan, optimize and execute the CoreConstruct part: our engineering design, construction, installation and operations.
Just quietly, some of our crew have literally written the book in their respective field. If you’re a senior you’ll be challenged, while up-and-comers will learn from the world’s best ocean engineers.
With offices in Stavanger, Madrid and Hobart, we’re a flexible team that takes our work seriously but never ourselves.
This specific position can be based out of Norway or Spain.
Some other benefits we offer:
- Generous salaries
- Performance based bonus scheme
- Employee share plan
- Parental leave
- Unlimited holidays
- Flexibility in work location with a fixed base city
- Ability to contribute to CoreMarine’s direction
- Chance to mold your position into what and how you want to work
- Joining a company in rapid and exciting growth – we have doubled our employee count during the pandemic and plan to double again by the end of 2023.