VP of Marketing
IO Global is searching for a VP of Marketing to join our Marketing team. As our blockchain products, services and infrastructure solutions mature and gain more developer / market traction, and our bra
IO Global is searching for a VP of Marketing to join our Marketing team. As our blockchain products, services and infrastructure solutions mature and gain more developer / market traction, and our brand becomes more well known, the VP of Marketing role will evolve from a mature startup mode to scale up / growth mode with greater focus on driving adoption, revenue and reputation. Therefore, the VP of Marketing role is an integral part of a company-wide transition process as we take technically proven and peer reviewed products and services to enterprise and government clients whilst continuing to grow our developer, community and ecosystem stronghold.
As VP of Marketing, you will help demystify blockchain technology so that our clearly defined audiences understand the potential and rigorous engineering behind our products, services and infrastructure solutions. You’ll understand how to accurately target, engage and convert enterprises, governments and developers, plus financial services, VCs and investors.
How to tell our narrative to our industry, the media, our fans and also ‘haters’, with the aim of taking our message to the wider world and driving the participation and the adoption of blockchain technology.
You will be passionate about metrics and sales funnels, MQLs and SQLs and more, and be ready to support with both passion and analytics. Market research and understanding what technology all our users want (rather than adapting the user needs to our technology) is at the heart of IO’s future success. To achieve this you will be working closely with the Media Director and Creative Brand Director to create impactful campaigns that drive participation and adoption.
- Work with the Product team to create and own the go-to-market (GTM) strategy for new products and features. You will set clear objectives and goals, research and define target audiences, develop marketing and communication strategies, and measure adoption. You will also conduct customer research and apply your insights to these and other initiatives.
- Drive the evolution of our brand positioning, bringing it to life in a clear and consistent way that resonates with and motivates our target audiences. You will work with the Media Director to promote the company as an innovator to the press and public and oversee outbound customer-facing communications across our website, blog, and social channels.
- You will represent the voice of the customer within the organization, bringing your insights to cross-functional stakeholders across product, design, user experience, technology, and financial / investor markets.
- Support the Commercial and Professional Services Group to deepen relationships with key partners. You will nurture existing relationships with key partners, aligning on mutual goals and driving adoption through a variety of co-marketing efforts.
- Build a marketing department. Identify talent needs, hire and manage a high-performing integrated marketing team.
- You will also lead and mentor a growing team of marketers across a broad set of functions including partner marketing, content, and brand.
- Work closely with the Community and Ecosystem team to ensure alignment with grassroot projects and initiatives.
- 5 + years experience as a VP of Marketing, ideally with a blockchain or a innovative technology company; either in-house or an agency
- Proven experience across multiple marketing channels especially social and digital from advertising to social media to events
- Understanding of how social media works to drive growth for brands
- Record of success with innovative tech brands who disrupt the marketplace
- Ability to lead the team to create unmissable content across all media especially social
- General understanding of smart contract languages including Plutus, Rust. DeFi etc.
- Broad understanding of multimedia integrated campaigns including sponsorship
- Appreciation of commercial and investor OKRs
- Ability transitioning a new disruptive brand to a trusted brand
- Outstanding leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- To be at the forefront of the latest marketing trends and innovations
- To showcase marketing at its best and most effective to the Marcomms team and wider company
- Understanding of the blockchain space and an ability to provide reasoned opinions, including on how IOG can differentiate itself
- Experience with global brands
- Outstanding leadership, organization, and interpersonal skills, and an analytical approach.
- Experience of uniting a socially diverse and globally distributed team of people who work remotely
- Record of success with technology brands
- Comfortable in media interview situations
- Strong network of potential business leads
- Understanding of marketing and market research tools and software
- Experience of managing external agencies and suppliers globally
- BSc/BA in marketing or MBA
- Proud owner of a few marketing awards
IOG is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. We are ideally looking for someone in a EU timezone (Ireland, UK or Poland).
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work – ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service