Who we are: We're an ambitious team of researchers, builders, and entrepreneurs with many years of experience in the crypto space and are passionate about digital assets. By adding new products to
We’re an ambitious team of researchers, builders, and entrepreneurs with many years of experience in the crypto space and are passionate about digital assets. By adding new products to our portfolio, beyond on-chain data – we are becoming a more comprehensive go-to crypto platform for various needs.
At its core, Glassnode is a leading market intelligence platform for on-chain and derivatives data. We offer the most comprehensive library of advanced on-chain metrics and insights for Bitcoin and hundreds of other digital assets, bringing data intelligence to the blockchain and cryptocurrency space.
With an emphasis on user-centric interfaces, we aim to deliver intelligible, actionable, and unique insights from blockchain data and beyond, helping investors make educated decisions in an overly emotional and irrational market, and equipping blockchain teams with valuable insights on their projects and tokens.
VP of Engineering (m/f/d). Remote
About the role:
Lead, scale, and empower our team of world-class Engineers. Help us turn our ambitious product vision into a reality that serves millions of crypto investors globally.
As a VP of Engineering, you will help us define the technical roadmap, lead design, and architecture of our software components, systems, and features. Collaborate and align with the CTO, our Product team and the Engineers in order to provide a reliable interface between the teams. You will help us hire, mentor and empower our engineering teams to support our growth plans with the highest quality in mind.
What you will do:
- Lead the design and architecture of major software components, systems, and features.
- Derive technical requirements, and architectural guidance and manage technical depth in a high-growth environment
- Ensure consistency and reliability of the overall systems architecture, product, security, and performance
- Develop and monitor the engineering/development processes in the team
- Make sure that product requirements and technical consequences are understood and roadblocks are cleared
- Support constantly changing priorities between product features, availability, performance, security and reliability
- Ensure compliance with security and legal regulations
- Support process for incident management including quality control of RCA
- You will mentor, coach and develop our existing high-performing team of engineers including backend, frontend, and data engineering
- Guide senior managers, leads, and engineers in growing their skills and leadership experience
- Maintain and build effective hiring practices in the team’s operations. Define roles, conduct interviews, and set up coding challenges
- Set the right culture in the engineering team
- Measure and improve the happiness across the engineering team with the goal of retaining talent
What you will need:
- 7+ years of hands-on development experience – you are a Software Engineer at heart
- A deep passion for and knowledge of the bitcoin/crypto/blockchain industry, an understanding of crypto markets and trends
- You are independent and flexible: whether you need to join leadership, technical sparring, strategic topics, as well as project management or budget controlling
- Process development and tech:
- Extensive experience in highly agile work environments, including best practices in development frameworks and project management with teams that frequently release with confidence
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with product and engineering leadership to translate product objectives to delivery strategy and ensure priorities and expectations are both aligned and realistic
- A firm grasp of programming’s best practices (e.g. code clarity, documentation) and experience with cloud infrastructure and cloud-native application development – preferably on GCP
- Deep technical experience that includes building distributed systems, microservices architecture, docker, Kubernetes, golang, as well as the development of internal and external APIs
- Experience in building (financial) data products and architecture that deals with large amounts of data
- You are a communication expert, able to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical people and you can understand and integrate product and business-related requirements into your solutions
- You are an empathic leader able to listen and understand what your team needs to perform best
- You enjoy growing and leading successful teams
- You are the biggest advocate of our culture and add to it through each hire
- Based in a European time zone
- Bonus: You have expert coding skills in Golang
- Bonus: You have worked for a crypto company
What we offer:
- Flexibility to organise your work and hours the way you like, our remote-first setup enables this for everyone
- Join a young, self-funded and already profitable company in a future-proof market
- Freedom to own your decisions and experiment, we need driven experts who help us figure out what to do, not for us to point at what needs to be done
- Be one of the main contributors to building a company with its unique culture in the cutting-edge tech space
- No approval loops or unnecessary processes, quick decision-making and full ownership of your function
- We are working on a kick-ass, meaningful benefits package, something truly useful and empowering – you will help us figure out what we’d need to stand out as the workplace of the future, we are open to any ideas
- Frequent company offsites, we love remote but love to have fun together too – this year we went to Lisbon for a week, and more adventures are coming
Glassnode is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and empower each individual who joins us. Glassnode commits to a transparent, inclusive, non-discriminatory recruitment process and employment.