About Uphold Uphold is an easy-to-use investments and payments app. Specialising in digital assets, we serve more than 7 million customers in 150 countries. We open around 15,000 accounts a day and p
Uphold is an easy-to-use investments and payments app. Specialising in digital assets, we serve more than 7 million customers in 150 countries. We open around 15,000 accounts a day and provide consumers with a more versatile and cost-effective home for their daily financial lives. For businesses, we provide regulated infrastructure to connect crypto with fiat currencies.
Uphold’s unique trading experience – ‘Anything-to-Anything’ – allows customers to trade directly between any supported asset or currency in one step – physical gold to Bitcoin, for example – saving both time and money. Uphold supports financial inclusion by enabling customers virtually anywhere to open an account in less than 5 minutes and to invest with no minimum amounts. Customers can send money to virtually anyone with an email address free of charge.
To learn more, please visit https://uphold.com
Uphold is looking for a VIP Customer Service Agent to join our thriving Customer Services team. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity where you’ll get to work in a very friendly environment and be part of a well-motivated, talented, and growing function—combining the latest technologies, agile methods of working, and the continuous striving for the best solution and customer experience.
The VIP Customer Service Executive is responsible for delivering an exceptional VIP consumer experience, making them an advocate of Uphold and increasing their lifetime value to the business.
What you’ll be doing primarily:
- Serve as the initial point of contact and face for VIP users, taking ownership of their inquiries from beginning to conclusion. Communicating timely and effectively throughout the interaction
- Address inquiries by providing accurate, valid and complete information using the right methods and tools. Deploying Outbound voice calling to ensure understanding/rapport/empathy and outcome satisfaction are achieved
- Adhere to Uphold Procedures and Quality Standards. Driving best-in-class Customer Service performance
- Where appropriate, identify escalation path and direct requests to the appropriate departments, tracking and owning the escalation to ensure a successful conclusion
- Keep detailed records of customer interactions, process customer accounts, and file documents
- Take the initiative in gathering consumer feedback to ensure the business’s consumer relations programs are effective, building on this feedback to drive the appropriate improvement
- Communicate clearly and effectively with end-users, colleagues, and management to quickly resolve issues and ensure customer satisfaction. Proactively highlighting opportunities to improve and enhance the VIP experience
- Based on VIP Customer’s experience and feedback, suggest new processes to improve efficiency and further enhance customer satisfaction
- Troubleshooting technical and customer issues with a particular focus on a passion for addressing and leaving customers satisfied
- Experience of working in a high-value customer segmented service environment
- Experience dealing with time-pressured situations
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills (ability to diagnose the source of a problem and provide the appropriate resolution)
- Prior experience in tech support or a similar role, preferably in a high-tech, financial services, or other regulated industry
- Prioritisation – be able to prioritize and meet deadlines while working on multiple projects, and have creative problem-solving skills
- Quick learner – has the ability to learn new systems, services, and processes
- Attention to detail, diligence, thorough, and good problem-solving skills
- Tenacious – no problem too big, start to finish ownership and closure
- Confident and infectious interpersonal skills
- Excellent English written and oral skills. Ability to read between the lines and pinpoint the issue and the appropriate resolution, communicating this information clearly and concisely
- Ability to empathise with and educate Uphold customers about digital currencies
Bonus if you have:
- Understanding/interest in cryptocurrencies or other digital assets as they are core to our business
- Experience working with CRM platforms (not essential but would be a plus)
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people who keep innovating and challenging more each day
- An international team in a cutting-edge field, working on the most fascinating projects
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you great benefits
- Open and transparent culture – we get together weekly to share updates, strategic plans and engage with each other informally over food and drinks
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing financial services. Apply now!
If this job isn’t exactly what you are looking for, visit our careers page to check out all our exciting opportunities.
We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us stronger and better – together.