Location: Berlin Next Big Thing is a company builder focused on the machine economy. Backed by €37m of investment, NBT is building a series of fast growth ventures that will transform the way the w
Next Big Thing is a company builder focused on the machine economy. Backed by €37m of investment, NBT is building a series of fast growth ventures that will transform the way the world works for decades to come. Our multi-disciplinary team of engineers, designers, startup entrepreneurs and industry specialists support founders with deep expertise and clear vision to build their next big thing.
We are looking for
An experienced founder and/or business developer to support the launch and growth of our Portfolio Ventures.
The challenge and opportunity
Our Venture Development team works with founders on developing an idea into a specific business case, building an early-stage company and refining venture growth cycles, processes, and tools to help founders execute their strategy.
Your mission as a Venture Developer will be to achieve venture success in the areas of product, market, team and lead our ventures to the next funding rounds.
Key to this journey is
- Co-founder mindset – We don’t just advise our ventures, but are in this journey together! You will work hand-in-hand with our founders on an operational level
- Strategic Thinking – Work with founders to research and identify potential customer verticals, define product specifications and develop business and revenue models
- High level of execution – Work with founders on developing a business case, product development, go-to-market strategies, customer validation, marketing & sales, hiring and fundraising
- Communication and Teamwork – Drive communication with founders, VD and product/tech team, freelancers and investors to successfully launch and scale ventures
- Project Management – Introduce NBT’s processes to founders and liaise with stakeholders and NBT teams to deliver specific milestones and KPIs
What makes you a great fit
- 4+ years of experience in an early-stage startup or a relevant corporate environment or even ex-founder experience
- Deep understanding of market trends and being able to identify and execute high-potential business opportunities
- Experience in business modeling, launching a new product or validating a new concept or disruptive solution
- Experience in high-tech industry, focusing on hardware, SaaS, B2B, blockchain, AI, enterprise, industrial IoT is a plus
- High level of ownership for your decisions and dedicated tasks
- Startup culture DNA with drive, empathy and positive attitude
- Fluency in English, German is a Plus (other major European languages a bonus)
A sweet deal
- Full-time unlimited contract
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours & home office
- 28 vacation days per year
- German language classes
- Hardware choice between Mac and Windows
- Free drinks & fruits
- Subsidized membership to a Berlin sports club with 450+ locations
- New and well equipped office directly at S Tiergarten in Berlin
Work with the best
- The support of an 50-person strong team focused on developing a pipeline of market transforming ventures
- Autonomy and the freedom to define and drive the strategic direction of the venture with its founders
- Work within a flat hierarchy among international team members from 20+ countries
- The opportunity to work with a fast-growing startup in an exciting market
- A proactive, dynamic and supportive team environment
We value diversity and therefore expressly welcome all applications – regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation and identity.
We look forward to receiving your application.