Cumberland - a DRW Company is the cryptoasset arm of DRW, established in 2014 after pursuing an early interest in cryptoassets and their underlying technologies. Today, Cumberland is a global leader
Cumberland – a DRW Company is the cryptoasset arm of DRW, established in 2014 after pursuing an early interest in cryptoassets and their underlying technologies. Today, Cumberland is a global leader in cryptoassets, uniquely positioned between the traditional financial markets and the cryptoasset ecosystem. From our offices in Chicago, London and Singapore, we provide 24-hour access to a wide array of cryptoassets while helping the crypto ecosystem evolve in a responsible, sustainable way.
As a Venture Analyst, you’ll join a team of highly talented traders, researchers and business development teams, and you will play a pivotal role in the evaluation of new opportunities and in the ongoing performance monitoring of the entire portfolio. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth of a market leader in the cryptoasset trading ecosystem and benefit from professional development in a highly supportive and collaborative environment.
- Research and evaluating protocols to identify projects or trends that represent potential new venture investments
- Assist in the due diligence process and build investment overviews for prospective investments; provide insights on comparables/competitors for prospective investments
- Perform industry research and analysis for the market, actively read and seek out new information sources and stay on top of industry trends
- Actively source inbound deal flow and identify early stage investment opportunities
- Monitor current investment, track key metrics, and company performance; maintain relationships and contact with portfolio companies
- Form, communicate and present data-driven recommendations to leadership
- Assist in the execution of business initiatives, driving projects and investments to completion
- Develop and deliver targeted market research, fundamental analysis and forward-looking strategic plans
- Prepare valuation analysis for prospective investment opportunities as well as existing portfolio investments
- Leverage DRW’s position as a major market participant and technology innovator to find compelling opportunities
- Support senior leadership of the firm with strategic initiatives
- Help refine and adjust our investment thesis as the market is evolving and the investment landscape changes.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Deep interest in the potential for cryptocurrency markets to impact or disintermediate centralized counterparts
- In-depth knowledge of existing crypto projects, emerging trends, and new technologies
- Strong network of high-value members of the community a plus
- 2+ years of experience in a venture role as an analyst or associate, or other associated roles with deal-side experience such as investment banking, consulting, or finance
- Outstanding initiative, sense of urgency, and entrepreneurial thinking
- Strong analytical skills and strong written and verbal communication abilities are essential
- Must have excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple workstreams and prioritize effectively
- Previous exposure to early-stage venture investing is encouraged
- Strong passion for investing and evaluation opportunities both quantitatively and qualitatively; high level of proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel to distill information/key concepts into presentation format
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, Business or related area of study
For more information about DRW’s processing activities and our use of job applicants’ data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.