What’s happening Sentillia B.V. is seeking to expand its Amsterdam-based team with a proactive, ambitious and - of course - skilled UX Designer. Sounds like you? Keep reading! Who we are
Sentillia B.V. is seeking to expand its Amsterdam-based team with a proactive, ambitious and – of course – skilled UX Designer. Sounds like you? Keep reading!
Who we are
Sentillia is the company behind Deribit, a cryptocurrency derivatives Exchange and the market leader in crypto options. We primarily serve large and advanced traders, including some of the biggest High-Frequency Trading Firms, Hedge Funds and Asset Management Firms. We are proud to be one of the best performing crypto-specialized exchanges in terms of liquidity and low latency round trip times, but humble enough in our aim to do even better every time.
The majority of Sentillia activities are based around the Deribit UI and platform, an advanced crypto derivatives trading system with thousands of high-end users worldwide: we are always looking for ways to add new features and make our platform better, smarter and visually more attractive. That’s where you come in. Want to know more? Take a look at our user interface.
Why we need you (and what we need you for)
Our startup days may be over, but you will still catch that eager entrepreneurial vibe at Sentillia. As our traders expect the best we have to offer, we continually seek to up our game and innovate. Adding you to our UX/UI Design team will help us achieve that. Your common team objective is to further develop and optimize the usability and accessibility of our platform. Your own sharp user-perspective enables you to identify needs and help convert them into functional, creative and beautiful solutions. We rely on you and your co-designers to improve the quality and user-friendliness of the final product every step of the way. Your activities include:
- You create prototypes and validate concepts (with users if needed)
- You develop, implement and test new functionalities
- You design high-quality user interfaces and contribute to the design system
- You improve the user-friendliness of our platform and website
- You ensure a good user flow between our internal and external applications
- You work on creative and innovative designs that express our brand identity
What we expect from you
- You share our designers’ love for creating digital products that just feel and look right
- Education: minimum HBO level (or similar abilities), preferably in the field of Digital Design or UX/UI Design, e.g. Communication & Multimedia Design or Industrial Design
- Two years of work experience within UX/UI design
- Experience with the design tool Figma
- A compelling portfolio including examples of effective design patterns
- Excellence in spoken and written English
What we offer you
- Above market-rate salary with high bonus potential
- Challenging and entrepreneurial environment: we highly value any ideas/initiatives, regardless of role or experience
- Flat organizational structure and fresh, non-corporate culture
- 25 days of paid vacation
- Facilitation of courses and training in-house and other
- Work at a global company with the potential to travel to Poland, Panama and UK
- Free lunches in the office included and many social events
- Free gym membership
- Free 1-on-1 Dutch lessons (provided you’re a non-Dutchy)
- Free bicycle if used for commute or;
- Paid commute to and from the office
- All necessary devices (Macbook Pro and monitor) of your choice
- 1-2 days a week remote working can be discussed
Are you in?
If all of the above appeals to you and if you think you fit the requirements, simply click the button and fill out our online application form now. Want to know more first? Just reach out to Manon Ten Holter, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Does your CV deviate from the traditional? Apply anyway or feel free to send an email with your questions/hesitations.
A bit more about Sentillia and Deribit
Our company’s story starts in 2014, when John Jansen came up with the bright idea to build a dead-fast and robust cryptocurrency derivatives exchange platform. A dedicated place where options and futures of bitcoin and other crypto coins could be traded in high volumes and with minimal delay (low latency), allowing traders to post thousands of orders per second.
The name of this platform: Deribit. The company that made it happen: Sentillia. Better known by our platform name, we were soon recognized as trusted pioneers in the field of crypto derivatives*. We were the first to launch European-style cash-settled options on BTC and ETH, but we also made a name developing functionalities like multi-instrument block trading, market maker protection and portfolio margin for crypto derivatives.
From the first day of trading, July 13, 2016, we are guided by our values: knowledge-driven innovation, trustworthiness, responsibility, education and independent co-creation. Our developers feel right at home in the Netherlands: Amsterdam is traditionally a city of innovators, entrepreneurs and traders and hosts one of the oldest traditional derivatives exchanges in the world. An inspiration in and of itself.
- Contrary to many other exchanges, Deribit primarily focuses on BTC, ETH and SOL derivatives. It currently offers perpetuals, futures, and options on these assets. Deribit prides itself as a crypto-only exchange with all contracts settled in BTC, ETH, SOL or USDC.