Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Lead all aspects of UX research....
Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Lead all aspects of UX research.
- Quickly develop a deep understanding of the domain business problems by collaborating with product team and user community
- Perform qualitative research, brainstorming exercises to extract and document insight of specific issues and potential resolutions
- Design and document product features using low fidelity sketches, wireframes, and prototypes using tools like Figma, Sketch, InVision etc.
- Design UX flows to communicate and validate ideas to the stakeholders through usability tests, persona development, and/or user needs analysis
- Partner with product owner and other stakeholders to lead the design of new user experiences consistent with objectives & requirements, existing capabilities and design standards
- Identify and document acceptance criteria
- Work with UI Designer and Developers to implement the approved UX designs
- Analyze and Evaluate existing software, identify pain points, and communicate suggested solutions
- Grow our user research capabilities to ensure that we have the knowledge we need to make informed product UI/UX design decisions
- Test and validate working hypothesis with users through usability testing
- Perform market research to identify competing or inspirational approaches for solving problems in the domain
- Translate user needs and requirements into solutions for complex problems
- Collaborate with the UI Designer for creating wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes;
- Attend backlog refinement meetings to support the transition from design ideas to implementation.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrable previous experience as a lead UX designer
- Good understanding of cognitive psychology, product design or related field;
- Professional UX experience on a Product team utilizing quantitative and qualitative data to drive the design and user experience
- Experience in user research, user experience design, product design, and/or visual design
- Ability to lead user centered design research, report findings to leadership as well as other groups for shared understanding
- Experience with SaaS component design and B2B solutions
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum development process is a plus
- Ability to create user-interface designs in the form of wireframes, mid-to-high-fidelity screen designs, or prototypes (Sketch, InVision, Figma, or other tools such as Adobe Creative Suite)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Outstanding written, verbal & presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you, this might
mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern,
please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.