Once inside, these attackers cause havoc with ransomware, destroy companies reputations by extracting and selling private information on the dark web, quietly…...
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Most security companies focus on preventing hackers from getting onto your machines, but the almost weekly news of major hacks with substantial data loss prove that approach is insufficient. Intruders get inside the defense perimeter of business networks all of the time. Once inside, these attackers cause havoc with ransomware, destroy companies reputations by extracting and selling private information on the dark web, quietly steal thousands of dollars worth of processing with bitcoin mining, grab trade secrets for corporate espionage, or extract political and industrial information for nation-state espionage imperiling national security. This is where Vectra steps in.
Vectra’s highly experienced security experts identify what attackers must do once they get inside a network to do their dirty work. Then, our data scientists build and train machine learning algorithms to identify those behaviors. We stop attacks on the likes of Target, Home Depot, Sony, Equifax, and Capital One before they become news stories. Vectra is the sole Visionary company in the Gartner report on Intrusion Detection and Prevention. What’s more, we are also disrupting the enterprise security space by providing the most intuitive user experience of any product in this space.
Vectra’s UX team is seeking a highly motivated User Experience Designer to work with our existing multi-national design team. You will collaborate with Senior Designers to design intuitive and efficient user experiences including look, behavior, and functionality of new features and products. You will be at the forefront of the cybersecurity industry, working to protect organizations from the bad guys, and will use your full range of skills from product design, interaction design, and visual design to help build delightful experiences.
Who We Are Looking for…
- You are attracted to the fascinating world of cybersecurity and have experience with devising simple workflows presenting complex data to expert users
- You have experience using iterative processes beginning with requirements and ending with customer experiences that are simple and elegant, integrating user research into your design process
- You are ready to be part of a design team that partners with PMs, Sales Engineers, UI developers, and other stakeholders to complete design work from conception to launch
- You are open to peer, user, and stakeholder feedback and excited to incorporate it in your work
- You can demonstrate experience creating detailed mock-ups, interaction workflows, wireframes, and prototypes to illustrate design intent and clearly communicate with internal stakeholders.
- You understand the importance of supporting every design decision — from the smallest text change to entire overhauls — with logical, thoughtful, and clear rationales
- You are interested in conducting user research to understand our customers, direct your designs, and to validate the UI after it is released
- Excellent problem-solving skills and an understanding of user experience and interaction design
- Self-motivated and willing to prioritize and manage workload to meet project deadlines
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. graphic, interaction, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- At least 3 years of experience in UX design, including designing and shipping web-based applications or services in either the enterprise, business, or consumer markets
- Experience with design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Invision, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- A portfolio featuring examples of your best design work
- Familiarity with technical constraints and limitations in designing responsive web products and services
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships with local and remote team members
Nice to Have
- Visual design skills with the ability to create pixel perfect, aesthetically pleasing designs
- Experience with conducting contextual inquiries, analyzing telemetry, and user testing
- Experience with design sprints and task management tools like Jira
A two minute video that describes what we do at Vectra, and an article about Vectra’s last funding round: