Company Description Citi Ventures’ mission is to drive customer-focused innovation that delivers new growth and value for Citi. Citi Ventures is headquartered in California with additional presence i
Citi Ventures’ mission is to drive customer-focused innovation that delivers new growth and value for Citi. Citi Ventures is headquartered in California with additional presence in New York, London, Tel Aviv, and Singapore. We invest in innovative startups, and we work with our colleagues, clients, and the innovation ecosystem to pilot new technologies and test solutions and business models with the potential to transform the future of financial services.
The Studio team in Citi Ventures develops digital products and services that foster economic vitality for people and communities. The team includes designers, user experience researchers, product managers, software engineers, data scientists, and strategists working in a fast-paced, collaborative, startup environment with the backing of a major financial institution.
Citi Ventures Studio is looking for a user experience researcher to help develop blockchain-enabled products to enable a more inclusive and digital economy. You will collaborate with other blockchain specialists inside and outside of Citi and work closely with Studio engineering, design, research, and data science.
Because this is a new, high-growth, and fast-changing domain, we are looking for experienced user experience researchers with a passion for learning about all-things blockchain and translating those learnings into great products for users. Communicating how different blockchain applications work and demonstrating their efficacy to non-expert audiences will be a major component of this role as well. This role will report into the Head of User Experience Research, Citi Ventures Studio.
How you’ll contribute
- Serve as the primary strategic research partner for the Blockchain Solutions product and design teams
- Drive mixed-methods research strategy and execution to help us deeply understand the critical issues in the cryptocurrency landscape, including but not limited to user demand, user trust, privacy, inclusion and accessibility, platform and delivery, etc.
- Uncover landscape and user experience insights and translate them into product opportunities
- Ideate new solutions that serve unmet needs
What we’re looking for
- Experience in or deep curiosity about blockchain and cryptocurrency
- 5+ years of relevant work experience as a UX researcher in a product research setting, with examples of product impact
- Experience managing concurrent projects involving cross-functional teams
- Experience taking broad or ambiguous topic areas, translating them into concrete research questions and studies, and executing with methodological rigor
- Experience designing, structuring, and conducting research studies fairly independently
- Experience with recruiting, scheduling, and coordinating research participants
- Experience with producing and presenting polished research findings and actionable recommendations to diverse stakeholder audiences
- Experience working with different kinds of user data
- Experience working remotely
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Willingness to do what it takes, from participant recruiting to managing technical set-up for research sessions
- Passionate about people, research, product, and making meaningful impact
Job Family Group:
Product Management and Development
Digital Product Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting