Introduction Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Desig
Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Interpreting research insights and building understanding of users and context
- Defining user experience goals and design principles
- Applying knowledge of psychological and physical attributes of humans (e.g. Hick’s Law, Fitt’s Law)
- Designing the architecture of the functions and information of the experience
- Designing the interaction patterns between functions/information and users/customers
- Designing pathways of navigation through an experience; demonstrating understanding of content, functions, and relationships within the system
- Supporting and planning for variation of user contexts (e.g. culture, environment, and activity)
- Converging and translating technological, operational, and functional constraints into human-centered opportunities
- Facilitating and designing for the relational aspects across every part of the experience
- Collaborate with fellow UX designers, researchers, and team members to generate ideas and facilitate meaningful feedback sessions on the designs; collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders (developers, project managers, and other internal teams) to ensure the design can be effectively implemented
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Fluent in Design Thinking methods and framework
- Exceptional understanding of fundamental design principles (typography, layout, grid systems, hierarchy, color, composition).
- Creative, critical problem solving and analytical skills
- Create design artifacts to communicate and illustrate ideas such as sketches, diagrams, user journey maps, wireframes, prototypes, presentations, etc.
- Knowledge of industry design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe Suite, Figma etc.
- Business know-how: Understanding of business metrics and the ability to translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences
- Bachelors degree (or higher) in Interaction Design, HCI, UX, Industrial Design or Similar
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.