As a Mid-Level Engineer in Marco Polo Network Engineering, you take responsibility for the excellent quality of your own work. You will deliver excellent individual work consistently and look to be ch
As a Mid-Level Engineer in Marco Polo Network Engineering, you take responsibility for the excellent quality of your own work. You will deliver excellent individual work consistently and look to be challenged by the work being provided. You will work with the Team Leader, Scrum Master and Product Owner to ensure we have clarity about our requirements, validity of proposed solutions and realistic commitments in terms of delivery timelines. You will be expected to contribute to the choice of tooling and architectural approaches used by the team and keep abreast of best practice in the development of secure, reliable applications.
On any given day you might:
As a member of a dynamic cross functional team, you will have many responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Contribute to and drive the success of the team in designing, developing, testing and delivering high quality enterprise grade software solutions.
- Working closely with engineers, architects, product owners and UX experts across the whole business. Engaging with distributed teams to ensure cohesive development across the platform and technical stacks.
- Contribute to story refinement and create solution designs.
- Ability to implement solutions to complex problems.
- Participate in code, test and design reviews, and contribute to UI best practices
- Investigate, evaluate & introduce appropriate tools, technologies & techniques.
- Reporting the right things in the right way at the right time
- Acting as a gatekeeper you will work in a way that protects our people, systems and complies with our InfoSec and security policies and procedures
- Continuously improve how we get things done; recommend and implement better faster more effective ways of supporting our clients and team
- Effectively execute any special projects or ad-hoc tasks as assigned
You will bring
- 3+ years minimum commercial Web applications development experience, showing a desire to deliver user friendly, flexible and efficient designs
- Experience in UI architectural approaches such as MVC, SPA, etc.
- Working knowledge of i18n & L10n approaches for delivering high quality accessible applications, deployed globally.
- Experience in automated testing, working with a number of automated frameworks (e.g. Playwright, JUnit, Jest, Jasmine, Cucumber, Cypress, Selenium, etc)
- Knowledge of security best practices and standards and how to avoid common FE security vulnerabilities
- Working knowledge of technologies such as NPM and an understanding of the security and maintainability risks of using 3rd party SW
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, OData, gRPC and API design for extensibility and portability. Knowledge of SSL/TLS
- Solid working knowledge of database design, scripting and optimisation including Postgres, Elastic & other NoSQL & RDBMS.
- Experience in analysing and resolving typical FE Performance bottlenecks
- Experience working in an Agile development environment within scrum or Kanban teams
- Working knowledge of OO Design principles and patterns such as SOLID & DRY
- Knowledge or experience developing SaaS on Azure or AWS.
- Ability to work within and contribute to a highly automated CICD pipeline
- Enthusiastic, forward thinking & highly motivated.
- Highly proactive and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to take initiative and get things done
- A strong desire to exceed client expectation’s (internal & external) is a must
- An entrepreneurial and adaptable approach is a pre-requisite
- Any Blockchain/DLT experience/understanding a benefit.
- Kotlin or Java skills an advantage
- Experience developing applications for both desktop and mobile
- TDD and BDD experience
- Swagger or openAPI experience
- Experience with Kendo UI for Angular
- Knowledge of Micro Frontend approach for micro-services
- Multi-cloud experience
- Docker and Kubernetes experience
- Knowledge of Kafka
- Knowledge of authentication and authorisation processes including Oauth2.0
- Experience with WebAssembly, Storybook
- Knowledge of SAFe Agile Framework
What you can expect
- Life in a fast-moving start-up environment and all that entails.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays & company days).
- Flexi-lifestyle benefits (tailor your options to what is important to you, i.e., Health care, fitness, travel, continuous professional development etc).
- Pension Scheme.
- MacBook or Dell? You choose the type of equipment you need to work more efficiently.
- Keep active with many fitness team events and challenges organised throughout the year.
- Growing your family? We know how important those first few months are for both parents and we are offering paid leave for both mums and dads so you can enjoy the new arrival!
- All the tools and supports needed to do an excellent job.
- Ability to make a difference.
- A dynamic workplace with a great balance of challenging work and fun.
- A culture of innovation and a structure in which to innovate.
- A nurturing team-oriented environment with mentorship as a key feature of the dynamic.