You’re passionate about the crypto/blockchain/Ethereum space and have a readiness to learn, understand, and explain new technologies....
About the Ethereum Foundation
The Ethereum Foundation (EF) is a global non-profit organization dedicated to supporting Ethereum and related technologies. Our mission is to do what is best for Ethereum’s long-term success. Our role is to allocate resources to critical projects, to be a valued voice within the Ethereum ecosystem, and to advocate for Ethereum to the outside world.
You will be the main developer and maintainer of Sourcify. You will have a small team of advising contributors on your side to guide you in technical questions and support with ecosystem and outreach efforts.
In short, Sourcify makes source code and metadata of smart contracts available without relying on third parties. The system is working already, but it needs more stability and usability and we have some new features in mind.
More about Sourcify: Sourcify is an initiative which aims to make interacting with smart contracts on the blockchain safer and more transparent for users. To achieve this goal, Sourcify supports several efforts to foster adoption of open-source source verification, metadata files and NatSpec comments.
At its core, Sourcify currently maintains
- an interface that helps developers to verify metadata and contract source code.
- a contract repository of all verified contracts.
- a monitoring & verifier service that checks for new contracts on Ethereum blockchains (mainnet and testnets) and tries to verify them automatically.
- several verification plugins for popular IDEs.
Learn more by browsing the Sourcify GitHub repository or reading about the Sourcify vision.
- You’re knowledgeable about Ethereum and its ecosystem. You understand the core logic of the EVM and how to use Ethereum clients to interact with it.
- You have an ownership mentality. When you take on a task, you get it done. You proactively troubleshoot problems blocking your path, and the problems blocking the paths of others.
- You’re organized. You have strong habits that let you track multiple accountabilities simultaneously. You know how to scope a project, foresee difficulties and translate an idea into reality.
- You share Ethereum’s values. You’re passionate about open source collaboration and decentralization.
- Develop and maintain all parts of Sourcify (verifier, monitor, plugins, UI).
- Drive Sourcify development and flag issues with the rest of the team.
- Be the first point of contact for user issues or feedback and tool integrations.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong TypeScript skills.
- Devops experience (e.g. working with Docker).
- WebUI / frontend skills.
- Experience with SQL databases (postgres).
- Task prioritization and project management skills.
- Excellent English writing and communication skills.
- Experience in an agile work environment as well as remote/asynchronous work.
- Experience on collaborative teams, balancing and soliciting input from internal and external stakeholders.
- You’re passionate about the crypto/blockchain/Ethereum space and have a readiness to learn, understand, and explain new technologies.
- Optimally full-time position
- Based in Berlin
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive compensation
To apply to this position, please include a brief (less than one page) cover letter explaining your qualifications, along with a resume or CV. Bonus points for adding a link to open source contributions or projects done by you!