Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will be responsible for identifying and developing new opportunities for one of IBM’s recent acquisitions, Turbonomic. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a new strategic initiative within the Digital Sales organization to help drive the growth of Turbonomic’s AIOps solution in the EMEA region/ MEA region.
In this role, you will work closely with the local account and marketing teams to support lead follow up, demo generation and opportunity indentification. You’ll need to have excellent sales, communication, and people skills, as you’ll be a crucial part of the account teams, interacting with internal and external stakeholders.
As a Sales Development specialist, you’ll also need to have a good balance of technical acumen, passion for cutting edge technologies, and of thorough understanding of business processes and IT problems faced at the enterprise level.
- Identify customer business needs and articulate how the Turbonomic Application Resource Management (ARM) platform can address these needs; collaborate with the Sales team on account strategy, demand generation activities, demo generation, and opportunity identification
- Make extensive use of prospecting techniques to generate customer interest and provide a targeted value proposition
- Support marketing goals and objectives, with timely follow up of marketing generated leads
- Leverage digital and social tools to run outbound campaigns with targeted approach to generate interest for Turbonomic offering
- Facilitate introductory meetings with prospects for IBM account owners
- Support the journey from initial client engagement, to exploratory meeting, and onto a full solution demo
- Meet quantitative and qualitative performance expectations
- Collaborate with the wider sales team to advance key cloud and infrastructure opportunities
- Build relationships of trust with key customer decision makers and experts
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience working in a solutions sales role
- Experience cold calling and identifying potential leads
- Motivation to understand customer business objectives and challenges and the ability to produce a narrative that addresses these business objectives
- Passion for AI and Cloud technologies
- Solutions sales mentality in a company with multiple offerings and services
- Knowledge of sales tools like Salesforce.com (SFDC), SalesLoft, Outreach
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to discuss key industry issues at multiple levels within an organization
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of experience working in a solutions sales role
- Proven technical sales experience in enterprise infrastructure and cloud software solutions
- Previous experience building relationship and growing existing business accounts
- A commitment to stakeholder satisfaction
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM ist es wichtig, Ihnen ein Arbeitsumfeld zu bieten, in dem Sie Ihr ganzes Potenzial voll entfalten können und die Möglichkeit haben, Ihren Arbeitstag flexibel zu gestalten. Wenn Sie Interesse daran haben, sprechen Sie uns bitte an, um herauszufinden, welche Gestaltungsmöglichkeiten im aktuellen Arbeitsumfeld bestehen.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.