Trainee Sales Trader (French)
Job Title Trainee Sales Trader (French) Job Description We're looking for tenacious, curious, eager, and open-minded people to help us maintain our industry leadership. We recruit
Trainee Sales Trader (French)
We’re looking for tenacious, curious, eager, and open-minded people to help us maintain our industry leadership. We recruit based on excellence and believe that diversity is vital to success, while priorities innovation and collaboration to achieve our common goals.
Further introduction to the role – scope of duties Provide trade and administrative support on OTC derivatives accounts to our global retail, corporate and institutional clients across phone, email, and web chat Gain a strong understanding of various financial instruments such as stocks, options, futures, FX, cryptocurrencies, bonds, and commodities Gain a strong understanding of financial markets, stock exchanges, and macro-economic events Provide trading expertise on P&L and margin calculations, order types, charges, trade assistance, and investigations Providing an execution-only phone dealing service (following relevant training) Answering queries and cross selling our products and platforms Running daily morning market calls Resolving trade disputes
The chance to attend regular social events and join special-interest groups, you get an attractive selection of benefits working with IG:
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home opportunities Performance-related bonuses
- Pension, insurance, and medical plans
- Career-focused technical and leadership training in class and online, incl. unlimited access to the LinkedIn Learning platform
- Gym memberships allowance
- A day off on your birthday
- Two days of volunteering leave per year
- Comprehensive global and local onboarding process – to the company and your role
- Funding for training or studies relevant to your role
- Employee-led LGBTQ+, Women’s, Black, and Parents & Careers networks with an annual budget for organizing events & projects that foster an open, diverse, and inclusive culture.
- Option to participate and create ESG initiatives based on IG Brighter Future Fund
- A degree-level education (any subject)
- Experience working in a customer-facing role (Preferable)
- Fluent French and English speaker (verbal and written)
- A Sales background would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A logical and analytical approach to problem-solving
- Confident to employ basic math skills, particularly mental arithmetic.
- Strong team player and time management skills
- Literacy in MS Office
- Can handle an administrative role.
As part of our hybrid working environment, you’ll split your time between home and the office. In this way, you’ll be able to enjoy a better work-life balance and always bring your best self to your role. At the office, you’ll have access to everything you’d expect from a world-class employer, such as a modern working environment, agile spaces, private quiet rooms, and breakout areas. Plus, all our offices are located in iconic city centres, close to everything you might need for a rewarding working experience.
While you will be based in our London office, you will be working with our global trading services team around the world, based in London, Chicago, Melbourne, Singapore, Bangalore, and Krakow. Join IG and you will be joining the best in an always-moving industry. We are constantly improving and developing products and services, in line with our ethos of raising the bar and championing the client.
Your personal and professional development is important to us. As a company that’s constantly redefining the boundaries of possibility, we’ll challenge you to push yourself, accelerate your ambitions and rise to new levels of excellence. We know that’s a big ask, so we’ll make sure that you’re supported all the way, getting the backing you need and the recognition you deserve. If you connect with our vision and can get behind it, you’ll be rewarded with countless opportunities to experience new things and enhance your abilities.
Trading services is a feeding ground for many departments within the global organization. Local and international opportunities within our dealing desk, risk, compliance, sales, operations, IT, and many more lie for the top performers.
Encourage applicants by providing a quote about why someone should consider this job – unique selling points. Include something personal about your positive experiences working for IG in your team. No need to be too formal here.
Number of openings