BitMEX is the world's leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innov
BitMEX is the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
As the world’s most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
BitMEX was one of the first crypto exchanges for derivatives. It exists to provide institutional and professional traders with a platform that caters to their needs.
BitMEX created the Perpetual Swap, the most popular crypto trading product in history. It is the only major global exchange that continues to create new cryptocurrency derivative products, most recently, the ETH Staking Swap.
On BitMEX, users can trade cryptocurrency derivatives on a professional trading platform that provides low latency, deep liquidity and constant availability. Since 2014, no cryptocurrency has been lost through intrusion or hacking, allowing BitMEX users to trade safely in the knowledge that their funds are secure. Spot trading is also supported, as well as the purchase and conversion of cryptocurrency – BitMEX supports 45+ derivatives contracts, 11 pairs for spot trading and the ability for users to convert 30+ cryptocurrencies.
We are looking for individuals who are determined, responsible and collaborative to join BitMEX as we continue to build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem. We value attention to detail, speed and simplicity. As a global business operating a 24/7 exchange, we seek out those who are adaptable and can work across markets and timezones.
For more information on BitMEX, company initiatives and our products, please visit the BitMEX Blog or www.bitmex.com, and follow LinkedIn, Discord, Telegram and Twitter.
The Trading Engine sits at the core of the BitMEX platform and handles all brokerage and trading aspects. The Trading Engine team is responsible for order management, risk checking, position keeping, PNL calculations, pricing (derivatives), risk management, market data distribution, order matching, and settlement.
BitMEX is building a best in class Technology team to help us scale the BitMEX trading platform to millions of users and millions of transactions per second.
- Design and development of electronic trading system components and micro-services across order handling, order matching, market data, smart order routing and risk management
- Development of new models/products/algorithms to further expand BitMEX’s ecosystem, improve user experience and facilitate risk controls – as well as the further optimisation of existing ones, in partnership with other fellow engineers
- Enhance the platform’s reliability, and consistency through bug fixing, backtesting and automation
You follow good principles of software engineering like writing modular, maintainable, clean code, and are used to working in an Agile environment.
- 3+ years programming experience writing latency sensitive applications in Java or equivalent experience in another OO language, with some experience of Java
- 1+ years financial experience at a Hedge Fund, Investment Bank, or Exchange developing financial trading applications in equity, FX or derivative product markets, either traditional or crypto-based
- Strong engineering skill set with firm grasp of fundamental Computer Science principles and a test-driven approach to software development
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms and calculation complexity.
- Knowledge of execution algos, risk management systems in investment banks, brokers, mutual funds are great bonuses
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities within a fast moving industry and startup culture
- Computer Science/Mathematics/Physics degree preferable
- Technical mind set with high attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Nice to have: In depth knowledge of graph algorithms, statistics, TDD, BDD, KDB+
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.