Our HR Business Partners (HRBP) support specific teams, working closely with management and employees on people-related issues: talent management, employee relations, coaching/development, compensatio
Our HR Business Partners (HRBP) support specific teams, working closely with management and employees on people-related issues: talent management, employee relations, coaching/development, compensation, conflict and performance management, organizational development, and more. HRBPs are instrumental in initiating and driving HR programs and initiatives within specific functions.
We’re looking for an HRBP to drive people and business initiatives within TIDAL for our European markets. The ideal candidate is one who is interested in making a significant impact in a fully stacked business unit within the company and excels in a fast-paced, high-engagement environment with an extraordinary desire to innovate. You will be on the front line working closely with business leaders to provide hands-on and strategic input, insight, and advice with respect to employee relations, performance management, coaching/development, compensation, conflict management, organizational development, training, and more. You’re comfortable speaking up and driving initiatives forward despite any unexpected roadblocks.
- Partner with mid-level managers and senior leaders to develop and implement effective HR policies and practices that will support the strategic growth of the business, with a focus on our European markets, as well as Brazil
- Provide HR expertise in the areas of feedback, performance management, employee relations, development and coaching, and organizational development
- Offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution
- Collaborate with the HR team to champion and accelerate a culture of excellence in which people feel engaged and inspired to deliver top business results
- Develop people strategies and design approaches for diagnosing and enhancing organizational effectiveness and employee satisfaction that will span all of TIDAL
- Lead core HR processes (e.g. performance calibration, compensation cycle, promotions)
- Analyze and interpret various types of employee reports (e.g., compensation, job levels, and attrition) to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions to client groups
- Partner with HRBP and Learning & Programs colleagues to work on value-added programs in areas of training, development, career mobility, and job performance
- 3-5 years of experience in an HR Generalist or HRBP role
- Experience working with/in European countries
- Relevant experience building and improving company culture and increasing employee engagement
- Superb communication skills, including effective listening and writing. Ability to express thoughts in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Effective coaching and facilitation skills and ability to influence colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of HR programs and practices, including applicable state and federal employment laws and regulations
- [Preferred] Track record of strategic partnering with business leaders and increasing responsibilities in a fast paced global company
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.