Enterprise Architecture: helping clients establish their digital blueprint, roadmap and governance and - as required - acting as the programme design authority…...
Job Technology Strategy & Advisory: Enterprise Agility – Consultant
Career Level: 9
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With a global agile community of thousands, our Agile Coaches, Scrum Teams, Kanban maestros and more across timezones to collaborate bring forth the world’s most exciting products and services.
Our commitment to inclusion, diversity, and supporting the whole person directly translates into what we believe makes the best Agile teams. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for our commitments to inclusion and equality also.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Do you wince when someone announces they’re doing ‘the Spotify Model’?
Do you know that Kanban isn’t just sticking a Jira board with 3 columns on top of chaos?
Then working with our dedicated (and slightly geeky…) family of Agilists might be for you. You’ll also get the opportunity to work and collaborate with a global network of agile ‘cousins’ from Accenture Technology, Solutions IQ, and many many more.
Accenture Technology Strategy and Advisory (TS&A) solves complex business challenges at the intersection of business and technology by bringing together specialists in areas including the Cloud, DevOps, and Agile. We are specifically looking for individuals who have begun their Agile journey, and want to grow to coach and support others as they embark on theirs.
We take a value-led approach to identifying the right technology strategies for our clients, and shaping, mobilising and overseeing transformations at scale to help the deliver the best outcomes for our clients and their customers.
Accenture is market leading in what we do having been voted ‘Gold’ in the recent FT Consulting Awards for both IT Strategy and Digital Transformation.
TS&A is a critical and fast-growing component of our overall Strategy and Consulting (S&C) business. Our management consultants work with Fortune 500 leadership teams to reimagine their businesses from growth and restructuring strategies through to end-to-end digital transformations, and we offer a complete range of industry and functional services.
Do you get a kick out of a slickly run standup?
There will never be a typical day at Accenture, that is why people love working here. The opportunities to make a difference within exciting client initiatives are limitless in this ever-changing business landscape.
In our team you will:
Get involved in two or more of the following areas (one of which will be Enterprise Agility)
1. Enterprise Agility: shaping business/technology operating models and empowering agile squads to deliver new products and services at speed
2. Digital/IT Strategy: creating new business transformation agendas by working directly with the C-suite to solve strategic business challenges using both enterprise and emerging technology
3. Innovation: Identifying and exploiting new business opportunities enabled by the creative application of existing or leading-edge technologies
4. Transformation Leadership: mobilising complex, multi geographic programmes of change and helping clients deliver tangible business outcomes
5. Enterprise Architecture: helping clients establish their digital blueprint, roadmap and governance and – as required – acting as the programme design authority to drive executive decision making
6. Cloud Acceleration: leading the design and transition of a client’s technology to be “Cloud First” and bringing the latest thinking from the constantly evolving cloud innovation services market
7. 5G/Fibre Acceleration: leading the design and transition to next generation connectivity and exploring the next wave of internet innovation
8. Workforce and Talent: defining approaches to mobile, enable, manage, and retain key talent
9. M&A Services: performing technology due diligence and advisory as part of merger, acquisition and divestment actions.
The everchanging pace of market developments will only continue to accelerate in the future – and many organizations struggle to challenge new innovative competition within the market. How do different innovations influence the market, what are the results and how can companies adapt themselves to remain relevant in the future?
Accenture Strategy & Consulting is the driving force in helping companies answer such questions. You will advise senior management in their next steps – based on data analysis, experience, expertise, and an innovative approach. Together with a diverse team of experts, you will challenge current industry obstacles and find the key solution for clients in their current markets: Surpassing the disruption and consolidating future success for organizations.
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Real life experience of having implemented Agile – successes and challenges are both valuable learning!
- Strong desire to work in technology-driven business transformation and curiosity around opportunities and threats posed by innovation and industry convergence
- Knowledge of industry operations, dynamics, and trends in one or more of the following industries: Financial Services, Telecoms, Media, Technology, Life Sciences, Retail and Consumer Packaged Goods, Energy, Utilities, Government
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture and/or the ability to see ‘the big picture’ and bring multiple solutions to solve problems
- Knowledge of, and passion for, technology trends e.g. Cloud, Big Data, Advanced Machine Learning, Internet of Things, Blockchain, AR
- Intellectual capacity to develop creative and breakthrough solutions
- Strong analytical skills, understanding of complex issues, the ability to quickly absorb information, conceptual and creative problem-solving excellence
- First class written and verbal communication skills; the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical, and impactful manner
- Bachelor’s Degree (2:1 preferred) or international equivalent
- At least one team-level agile certification (e.g. Professional/Certified Scrum Master or Product Owner, ICagile Coach, Team Kanban Practitioner)
Set yourself apart:
- Consulting or relevant market experience in one of the areas outlined above
- Creative and technical skills are often helpful – you never know when a Scrum Master might need to step in and help a release across the line, or your latent graphic design skills unblock a UX problem!
- Leadership qualities: the ability to easily establish trust-based relationships and gain valuable insights through collaboration and communication
- Drive: enjoys a challenge, proven ability to adapt and remove obstacles to achieve results, determination and optimism
- Desire to do good in the world
What’s in it for you
Become part of a vibrant and active global agile community – post the question “Aren’t Story points the same as time?” or “My client is doing a 3 month design sprint – so they’re a bit agile right?” and receive a variety of passionate and mostly helpful responses from several different time zones in mere moments!
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centres. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications: 31st August 2021
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.