Introduction Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client's business requirem
Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client’s business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Security Digital Trust Technical Specialist brings an extensive technical knowledge to sell Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Data Security solutions to clients in order to remove all technical inhibitors to sales opportunities.
- In this role, you maintain strong platform and product knowledge, articulate the value proposition / ROI, understand the competitive landscape, and construct relevant use cases to drive sales.
- You create and deliver technical proof points through technical accelerators, to include but not limited to demonstrations, POTs, POCs, Workshops, Solution Design, Proposals and MVPs.
- You are a Hands on practitioner with a focus on customized experiential selling – “show me, don’t tell me” approach.
- You are a confident and opinionated technical expert who designs viable client solutions by leveraging current product capabilities while providing input to product teams for solutions refinement.
- You will be primarily collaborating with IBM Security Sellers & Business Partners to drive the opportunities to a successful sale.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
We are looking for a professional with:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a technical role in IT pre-sales or implementation projects
- Strong technical skills and experience in Digital Trust solutions (Identity and Access Management & Data Security)
- Experience in proposing, demonstrating and implementing of Digital Trust solutions in line with the expectations of prospects, customer, sales team or business partner team
- Actively support problem resolution by effective communication with support and development as needed
- Sales & business acumen, and the ability to translate between technical and business levels
- Native German or French speaking is required, as the role is directly client facing
- Fluent English
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Technical skills and experience with Kubernetes.
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.