RSM’s global Technology Risk Assurance (TRA) practice provides assurance, advice, and solutions to enable our clients to manage their digital risk and move…...
Are you passionate about emerging technology, cyber, change, and risk management? We are.
Our world is ever more complex, interconnected, and reliant on technology and data to do business. While the digital opportunities for organisations are endless, the risks are becoming increasingly more complex to manage.
RSM’s global Technology Risk Assurance (TRA) practice provides assurance, advice, and solutions to enable our clients to manage their digital risk and move forward with confidence.
Our local client portfolio includes some of the most interesting and prestigious organisations that operate within the financial services (e.g. Fintech, insurance, building societies), corporates (e.g. technology, manufacturing and automotive) and the public sector (e.g. healthcare, social housing, education and local / central government).
Our team thrives as their responsibilities are diverse, challenging, and purposeful. We regularly work alongside other RSM teams (UK and International) including, Tax, Internal Audit, Corporate Finance, Consulting, and External Audit to help our clients address their most complex business challenges.
Overall job purpose
No career pathway in your current role? You won’t stand still in TRA.
You’ll work with some of the brightest minds in this field and be a valued member of a diverse and inclusive TRA team. Your role is to add value – we’ll consider all flexible working arrangements too.
You’ll be advising our clients on strategy and risks associated with areas such as cyber and data privacy, change programmes and transformations, third party and cloud, operational resilience, mergers and acquisitions, controls and compliance, and emerging technology (e.g. artificial intelligence, Blockchain and robotics).
You’ll benefit from ongoing coaching, career mentoring, and be supported by the TRA career pathway that was launched in 2021. This provides you with an opportunity to continue to develop market leading skills across our different capabilities and advance your professional development by undertaking certifications such as CISA, CISM, CIPM, CISSP, CCSP, CHECK, CREST and AWS certification.
You’ll be able to take your career in any direction by choosing to either specialise, or gain wide ranging skills by working across a range of industry sectors and TRA capabilities.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join us.
As a TRA Manager you’ll be:
- Helping your clients develop their digital strategy by leading teams that provide specialist risk assurance and advice.
- Staying current with the latest technology trends, leading risk management practices, and industry sector issues.
- Responsible for leading a TRA client portfolio in conjunction with the Partners to ensure our work adds value and is delivered timely and profitably.
- Responsible for the ongoing management of your client portfolio, including the development of plans and quality assurance of all aspects of the work and reporting.
- Performing risk management processes and developing commercial arrangements.
- Leading and coaching high performing teams, resource management, recruitment, and development for team members. You’ll make quality time and take an interest in your team.
- Shaping our future by leading innovation streams that build future products, services, and solutions.
- Representing RSM in external meetings, including attendance at client workshops, audit committees, and regional networking events.
- Leading our efforts on local Corporate Social Responsible (CSR) initiatives.
- Building trusted relationships with senior client stakeholders, and identifying opportunities where we could assist them.
- Developing proposals that demonstrate our capability to meet new and existing client needs.
You’ll make decisions and take actions that are based on our values and will deliver purposeful impact where it counts.
To be successful in this role you’ll be:
- Passionate to continue your career in technology, cyber, risk management, and partner with clients.
- Business and commercial minded in your approach.
- Motivated to lead with purpose, innovate, and make a genuine lasting impact.
- Able to offer a strong and compelling view of technology and risk management.
- Self organised and able to manage your time effectively to prioritise and achieve deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Confident with excellent written, oral communication, and presentation skills.
- An active listener and proactive in taking action.
- Able to work autonomously, pro-actively, and effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Have demonstrable experience in identifying opportunities to partner with clients and successfully deliver these.
Personal and professional qualities
- Professionally qualified and able to demonstrate expertise in a specialist field.
- Relevant experience within a technology, cyber, audit, and/or risk management role.
- Digitally literate and able to use tools such as Microsoft Office 365.
- In depth understanding of technology trends and industry sector issues.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.