Technology Graduate (37 hours per week, Fixed Term Contract (FTC) – 12 months) Location: Hybrid working with Priory House, Durham / Western House, Peterborough as a base Salary: £23,000 -
Technology Graduate (37 hours per week, Fixed Term Contract (FTC) – 12 months)
Location: Hybrid working with Priory House, Durham / Western House, Peterborough as a base
Salary: £23,000 – £26,000 (pro rata) plus a discretionary bonus potential of up to 8% of annual salary
Job Level: D
Reporting to: Solutions Architect
Wave is a leading national business water retailer helping over 300,000 customers across the UK to benefit from the non-household water market. We’re dedicated to helping businesses lower water use, be more water efficient and reduce costs – all which helped us earn Water Retailer of the Year 2021. Our vision is to be the most customer-focused utility delivering value and efficiency in everything we do, making a positive difference to the environment and society.
We’re committed to a happy, healthy place to work, and have a working environment which supports continuous learning and development, one where people can really flourish. Wave is built on its people and we’re looking for enthusiastic people to join our Wave and be part of our continued success.
We have a rare opportunity for a high-calibre and enthusiastic graduate, with a passion for technology and a STEM related degree to join our Systems and Change team.
You will support the growth and expansion of our team as we embed, shape, and develop new processes, tools and capabilities. Working alongside the IT and digital services functions, you will learn best-practice procedures and processes utilised by today’s IT Service Industry.
The people you will meet on your journey with Wave will support and coach you, to achieve your goals and ambitions within the field of Information Technology. Working with key stakeholders you will take ownership of local projects and collaborate with others to continuously improve standards, tools and processes within the team.
As a Technology Graduate, you will play an essential part in the growth and expansion of the Systems and Change team as we embed, shape and develop new ways of working, tools and capabilities.
Ideally, you will have knowledge/experience of Phython and in your application, you should demonstrate that you are:
- Accountable and take ownership of projects and improvement programmes
- Fully ICT literate and competent in the use of MS Office products, ideally with knowledge of programming software
- Educated to a degree level in a STEM subject
- A self-motivated individual with good time management skills
- A strong communicator, capturing business needs and moderate expectations to stakeholders
- Experienced in software coding
- Knowledgeable in cyber security
- Experienced, or have knowledge in other technologies such as cryptocurrency, big data, machine learning/robotics, IoT
Although this is a fixed-term contract, there may be an opportunity for a permanent position.
Wave is committed to making a positive difference to the environment and society in which it operates. If you are passionate about technology and are excited to join a dynamic growing business which cares about its people, we would love to hear from you.
We offer a competitive salary and extensive benefits package which includes:
- 24 days holiday, rising to 26 days (plus bank holidays) we’ll also give you a day off for your birthday and a half day for both Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve
- Opportunities to purchase holiday
- Flexible working
- 1 day of paid volunteering leave per year
- Bonus potential
- Excellent DC pension scheme. We will double match your contribution, up to a maximum of 5% employee contribution and 10% from Wave
- Family friendly working including company enhanced maternity pay (CEMP)
- Healthcare cash back scheme
- Personal accident insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Perkbox membership with a vast range of perks, high street savings (fashion retailers, supermarkets and restaurants), discounted cinema tickets, travel and holiday discounts and online fitness classes
Wave is an inclusive employer and will take into consideration any adjustments required to support you. If you require any additional support related to menopause, neurodiversity, or any other reason, please do let us know by contacting Recruitment@wave-utilities.co.uk or if you’d prefer call us on 07395798374.
Please ensure you attach your CV and a covering letter so we can get to know more about your skills and experience and why you are suitable for this role. We will not be able to consider applications without a covering letter.
Closing date: 4pm on 25 January
Interviews are planned from 30 January
Recruitment agencies: whilst we appreciate your support, we are not looking to utilise your services at this time, many thanks.