Technology Consulting (Testing) - Test Manager New technologies and disruptive change are creating exciting opportunities: to work differently, to work better and to find new ways of creating v
Technology Consulting (Testing) – Test Manager
New technologies and disruptive change are creating exciting opportunities: to work differently, to work better and to find new ways of creating value for us and the clients we serve. As part of our NextWave strategy, Test Managers will provide technical expertise, leadership and direction to support our client’s technology centric programmes. We are looking to recruit high performing individuals with a proven track record in Test Management be part of our leading and growing Technology Consulting business.
By joining the Technology Consulting team, you will be helping our clients solve a whole range of challenges – from the requirement to respond to the ever-changing demands of the market, to overseeing large and complex transformation programmes that truly transform our clients ways of working, As part of this growing team, you will also get to help shape the innovative culture that makes EY such a great place to work.
If you have a keen interest in Technology Enabled Change, as well as intellectual curiosity and energy, then Technology Consulting could be exactly the right place for you and your next career move.
Your key responsibilities
- Takes end to end responsibility for the effective planning and delivery of QA elements of large scale complex strategic and/or transformative projects in accordance with relevant Test Management Methodologies.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates and reports on QA delivery activities from test strategy and test planning through to UAT and hand off to end users by leading, directing and overseeing a large team of resources working across multiple workstreams and projects.
- Influences and negotiates testing efforts and focus, often across multiple functions. Prepares and presents defect impact analysis, insights and recommendations to assist defined governance forums and senior client stakeholders with decision making.
- Maintains focus of QA activities to ensure projects delivers on key priorities and dependencies.
- Identifies and advises on project level decisions that influence significant project direction and escalates those defects, risks and issues that cannot be effectively mitigated to the agreed governance forums.
- Understand all our consulting service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients and be able to build meaningful external relationships with our clients and internal relationships across service lines.
- Lead Technology Consulting engagements, managing team performance and commercials including conducting performance reviews and contributing to performance feedback for all levels of staff and managing engagement billings, and estimates to complete.
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring all levels of staff
- Understand, follow and lead staff in workplace policies and procedures
Skills and attributes for success
To do this role effectively, we are looking for people with knowledge and experience in the following areas:
To qualify for the role you must have
- A strong academic record including a third level degree, preferably in a business or IT related discipline, from a recognised third level institution
- QA accreditation (ISTQB Foundation, or a similar IT accreditation from a recognised third level institution or accreditation body)
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience working in a client facing role for a leading consulting or professional services company of large-scale complex change/transformation programmes or systems integration programmes or at least 7 years’ relevant experience working for a leading company, in delivery of large-scale of large-scale complex change/transformation programmes or systems integration programmes
- Experience in one or more of our focus industries including Power & Utilities, Financial Services, Government & Public Sector, Life Sciences, Consumer Goods, Tech and Media, Advanced Manufacturing / Industry 4.0
- Experience of one or more technology areas including but not limited to ERP, CRM. Digital Workplace, CX, Cloud Migration and/or integrations, Data & Analytics, RPA, Emerging Tech, IoT, Blockchain
- Experience of delivering QA in Agile/ DevOps and V-model environments
- Experience delivering test strategy and test plans
- Experience translating business requirements into test cases e.g. Requirement Traceability Matrix
- Experience with functional and technical specifications
- Experience of functional and non-functional test delivery
- Experience delivering manual testing and test automation
- Experience with JIRA, Azure DevOps, Micro Focus ALM/ Micro Focus QC or ServiceNow tools
- Selenium, Appium, Cypress or UFT experience
- JMeter, NeoLoad or Load Runner experience
- Experience with technical troubleshooting and end-to-end defect management process
- Experience of working in the establishment, training and management of teams comprised of client, contractors and client’s strategic partners.
- Excellent communication skills – tailoring communications to suit a mix of audiences and ability to translate strategy into measurable business benefits
- Have a track record of delivery within several large-scale IT transformation programmes
- Have experience in seeking the alignment of business and IT, operating across organisational and technology silos to drive common approaches, delivering sustainable, agile and re-usable solutions
- Have a proven ability to be able to take a ‘big picture’ delivery and project management view as well as being able to work at a detailed level across a broad range of contract types and engagement approaches
Ideally, you will also have
- Good understanding of key project management, business analysis and IT release management concepts
- ISTQB Test Manager Certification
- ISTQB Agile Certification, Scrum Master Certification or equivalent
- Prince2/PMP Certification
- BDD experience (Cucumber, Gherkin or equivalent)
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritise shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator and a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion for technology and making things happen in a dynamic organisation. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Free enrolment in EY’s Tech MBA Programme accredited by Hult International Business School.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we’re using the frameworks, tools, and accelerators we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer a reality!
Join us in building a better working world