Technology Consulting (Testing) - Senior Test Consultant (Assistant Manager / Senior Consultant) New technologies and disruptive change are creating exciting opportunities: to work differently,
Technology Consulting (Testing) – Senior Test Consultant (Assistant Manager / Senior Consultant)
New technologies and disruptive change are creating exciting opportunities: to work differently, to work better and to find new ways of creating value for us and the clients we serve. As part of our NextWave strategy, Test Managers will provide technical expertise, leadership and direction to support our client’s technology centric programmes. We are looking to recruit high performing individuals with a proven track record in Test Management be part of our leading and growing Technology Consulting business.
We are looking to recruit high performing individuals with a proven track record as a senior test consultant with experience in large-scale digital transformations to be part of our leading and growing Technology Consulting business.
By joining the Technology Consulting team, you will be helping our clients solve a whole range of challenges – from the requirement to respond to the ever-changing demands of the market, to working on large and complex transformation programmes that truly transform our clients ways of working, As part of this growing team, you will also get to help shape the innovative culture that makes EY such a great place to work.
If you have a keen interest in Technology Enabled Change, as well as intellectual curiosity and energy, then Technology Consulting could be exactly the right place for you and your next career move.
Your key responsibilities
- You will be responsible for contributing to the delivery of IT Projects through methodologies such as Agile Scrum/Kanban and traditional Waterfall (when required), leveraging your domain knowledge and sector experience
- Participate in presentations and proposals for medium complex projects or elements of highly complex projects
- Create high-quality work products and act as a subject matter resource on one or more services, leveraging knowledge and experience to shape services to client problems
- Understand all our service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients.
- Maintains focus so that projects deliver on key priorities and dependencies.
- You’ll be responsible for contributing to proposals and client presentations for complex IT delivery projects that require disciplined quality assurance and testing expertise.
- Be responsible for your own self-development, and maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
- Actively contribute to EY’s Quality Assurance & Testing Community of practice
- Understand all our consulting service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients and be able to build meaningful external relationships with our clients and internal relationships across service lines.
- Develop junior team members through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures.
Skills and attributes for success
To do this role effectively, we are looking for people with knowledge and experience in the following areas:
To qualify for the role you must have
- A strong academic record including a third level degree, preferably in a business or IT related discipline, from a recognised third level institution
- QA accreditation (ISTQB Foundation, or a similar IT accreditation from a recognised third level institution or accreditation body)
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience working in a client facing role for a leading consulting or professional services company of large-scale complex change/transformation programmes or systems integration programmes or at least 4 years’ relevant experience working for a leading company, in delivery of large-scale complex change/transformation programmes or systems integration programmes
- Experience in one or more of our focus industries including Power & Utilities, Financial Services, Government & Public Sector, Life Sciences, Consumer Goods, Tech and Media, Advanced Manufacturing / Industry 4.0
- Experience of one or more technology areas including but not limited to ERP, CRM. Digital Workplace, CX, Cloud Migration and/or integrations, Data & Analytics, RPA, Emerging Tech, IoT, Blockchain
- Experience in Agile/ DevOps and traditional environments
- Experience of functional and non-functional testing
- Experience of manual testing and/or test automation
- Experience of creating test cases and acceptance criteria.
- Experience of using Testing Tools including Issue tracking tools.
- Have structured approach to problem solving and be a self-starter with the ability to work independently managing your own workload with an attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills – tailoring communications to suit a mix of audiences
Ideally, you’ll also have
- ISTQB Agile Certification, Scrum Master Certification or equivalent
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- BDD experience (Cucumber, Gherkin or equivalent)
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritise shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator with a genuine passion for technology and making things happen in a dynamic organisation. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Free enrolment in EY’s Tech MBA Programme accredited by Hult International Business School.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we’re using the frameworks, tools, and accelerators we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer a reality!
Make your mark.