New technologies and disruptive change are creating exciting opportunities: to work differently, to work better and to find new ways of creating value for us and the clients we serve. As part of our N
New technologies and disruptive change are creating exciting opportunities: to work differently, to work better and to find new ways of creating value for us and the clients we serve. As part of our NextWave strategy, Technical Project Managers will provide Leadership, Support and Direction to support our client’s technology centric project and programmes. We are looking to recruit high performing individuals with a proven track record in Technical Project Management to be part of our leading and growing Technology Consulting business.
By joining the Technology Consulting team, you will be helping our clients solve a wide range of challenges – from the requirement to respond to the ever-changing demands of the market, to overseeing large and complex technical transformation projects/programmes that truly transform our clients ways of working, As part of this growing team, you will also get to help shape the innovative culture that makes EY such a great place to work.
If you have a keen interest in Technology Enabled Change, as well as intellectual curiosity and energy, then Technology Consulting could be exactly the right place for you and your next career move.
Your key responsibilities
- Take end to end responsibility for the mobilisation, delivery and benefits of large scale complex strategic and/or transformative technical projects following selected Project Management Methodologies
- Plans, directs, and co-ordinates activities to deliver projects from mobilisation through to implementation by leading, directing and overseeing medium to large sized teams of project resources working across multiple workstreams
- Influences and negotiates project outcomes, often across multiple functions. Prepares and presents analysis, insights and recommendations to assist defined governance forums and senior client stakeholders with decision making
- Maintain focus so that projects deliver on key priorities and dependencies and are managed to realise business benefits to agreed timelines
- Identify and advise on project/programme level decisions that influence significant project direction and escalate decisions that cannot be resolved to the agreed governance forums
- Understand all our consulting service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients and be able to build meaningful external relationships with our clients and internal relationships across service lines
- Drawing on your skills and experience, you’ll create innovative insights for clients looking to leverage their vendor framework, improve their IT offerings, execute on project commitments and adapt methods and practices to fit operational teams and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership
- Lead Technology Consulting engagements, managing team performance and commercials including conducting performance reviews and contributing to performance feedback for all levels of staff and managing engagement billings, and estimates to complete
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring all levels of staff
- Understand, follow and lead staff in workplace policies and procedures
Skills and attributes for success
To do this role effectively, we are looking for people with knowledge and experience in the following areas:
To qualify for the role you must have
- A strong academic record including a third level degree, preferably in a business or IT related discipline, from a recognised third level institution
- Additional professional qualifications, such as PRINCE2®, PMP, PMBOK, SAFe or Diploma Level in Project Management or similar discipline from a recognised third level institution or accreditation body
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a client facing role for a leading consulting or professional services company in delivery of large-scale complex technical projects or systems integration projects or at least 7 years’ experience working for a leading company, in delivery of technical projects or systems integration projects
- Experience in one or more of our focus industries including Power & Utilities, Financial Services, Government & Public Sector, Life Sciences, Consumer Goods, Tech and Media, Advanced Manufacturing / Industry 4.0
- Experience of one or more technology areas including but not limited to ERP, CRM. Digital Workplace, CX, Cloud Migration and/or integrations, Data & Analytics, RPA, Emerging Tech, IoT, Blockchain
- Experience of working in a matrix managed organisation
- Experience in the establishment, training and management of teams comprised of client, contractors and client’s strategic partners
- Excellent communication skills – tailoring communications to suit various audiences, with the ability to translate IT strategy into measurable business benefits
- Have a track record of delivery within multiple large-scale technical transformation projects
- Have experience in seeking the alignment of business and IT, operating across organisational and technology silos to drive common approaches, delivering sustainable, agile and re-usable solutions
- Have a proven ability to be able to take a ‘big picture’ delivery and project management view as well as being able to work at a detailed level across a broad range of contract types and engagement approaches
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in tracking, monitoring, advising and maintaining status and actions across Project Budget, Risks, Issues, Dependencies and Benefits
- Experience with Stakeholder Management and working collaboratively across IT, Finance and parts of the business to deliver project governance that meets client needs
- Experience communicating and presenting project information to project team, finance and other stakeholders
- A continued ambition to further develop and learn, fostering an interest in innovative technologies
- A desire to identify new opportunities and help to create proposals to help solve our client’s most complex
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritise shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator and a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion for technology and making things happen in a dynamic organisation. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Free enrolment in EY’s Tech MBA Programme accredited by Hult International Business School.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we’re using the frameworks, tools, and accelerators we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer a reality!
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.