New technologies and disruptive change are creating exciting opportunities: to work differently, to work better and to find new ways of creating value for us and the clients we serve. As a Senior Scru
New technologies and disruptive change are creating exciting opportunities: to work differently, to work better and to find new ways of creating value for us and the clients we serve. As a Senior Scrum Master, within our NextWave Strategy, You will be responsible for contributing to the delivery of IT Projects using Agile methodologies and leveraging your knowledge and sector experience and ensuring high quality service. You will also be responsible for contributing to proposals and client presentations for complex IT delivery projects that require disciplined Agile project management expertise, and drawing on your skills and experience, creating innovative insights for clients looking to deliver IT Projects by adopting an agile approach. We are looking to recruit high performing individuals with a proven track record as a Scrum Master with experience in large-scale digital transformations to be part of our leading and growing Technology Consulting business.
By joining the Technology Consulting team, you will be helping our clients solve a whole range of challenges – from the requirement to respond to the ever-changing demands of the market, to participating in large and complex transformation programmes that truly transform our clients ways of working, As part of this growing team, you will also get to help shape the innovative culture that makes EY such a great place to work.
If you have a keen interest in Technology Enabled Change, as well as intellectual curiosity and energy, then Technology Consulting could be exactly the right place for you and your next career move.
Your key responsibilities
- You will be responsible for contributing to the delivery of IT Projects through methodologies such as Agile Scrum/Kanban and traditional Waterfall (when required), leveraging your domain knowledge and sector experience
- Participate in presentations and proposals for medium complex projects or elements of highly complex projects
- Working with client teams you will be responsible for setting up retrospectives, sprint reviews or sprint planning sessions as well as hosting daily stand-ups and shielding the team from interruptions during Sprints
- Create high-quality work products and act as a subject matter resource on one or more services, leveraging knowledge and experience to shape services to client problems
- Understand all our service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients.
- Takes responsibility for the mobilisation and delivery of projects/products delivered in an Agile manner
- Maintains focus so that projects deliver on key priorities and dependencies and are managed to realise business benefits to agreed timelines.
- Identifies and advises on project level decisions that influence significant project direction and escalates decisions that cannot be resolved to the agreed governance forums.
- You’ll be responsible for contributing to proposals and client presentations for complex IT delivery projects that require disciplined project management expertise.
- Be responsible for your own self-development, and maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
- Actively contribute to EY’s Agile Community of practice
- Understand all our consulting service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients and be able to build meaningful external relationships with our clients and internal relationships across service lines.
- Drawing on your skills and experience, you’ll create innovative insights for clients looking to adopt Agile as a means of project delivery
- To lead Technology Consulting engagements and support in managing team performance and commercials including conducting performance reviews and contributing to performance feedback for more junior level staff and managing engagement billings, and estimates to complete
- Develop team members through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures.
Skills and attributes for success
To do this role effectively, we are looking for people with knowledge and experience in the following areas:
To qualify for the role you must have
- A strong academic record including a third level degree, preferably in a business or IT related discipline, from a recognised third level institution
- Additional professional qualifications, such as Scrum Master, Scrum Product Owner and SAFe or Diploma Level in Agile Project Management or similar discipline from a recognised third level institution or accreditation body
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a client facing role for a leading consulting or professional services company in delivery of large-scale complex change/transformation programmes or systems integration programmes or at least 7 years’ experience working for a leading company, in delivery of large-scale complex change/transformation programmes or systems integration programmes
- Experience in one or more of our focus industries including Power & Utilities, Financial Services, Government & Public Sector, Life Sciences, Consumer Goods, Tech and Media, , Advanced Manufacturing / Industry 4.0
- Experience of one or more technology areas including but not limited to ERP, CRM. Digital Workplace, CX, Cloud Migration and/or integrations, Data & Analytics, RPA, Emerging Tech, IoT, Blockchain
- Hands-on experience in Scrum acting in a Scrum Master role and working with Agile methods for software delivery e.g. Scrum, SAFE, Kanban, Lean, TDD and CI/CD.
- Proven skills in effectively coaching, mentoring and motivating a cross functional Agile team (consisting of PO, Developers and QA) to improve the pace and evolve delivery practices
- A proven ability to manage and deliver on software projects in a fast-paced environment
- Have structured approach to problem solving and be a self-starter with the ability to work independently managing your own workload with an attention to detail
- Be able to manage different stakeholders across the project you work on
- Have a proven ability to be able to take a ‘big picture’ delivery and project management view as well as being able to work at a detailed level across a broad range of contract types and engagement approaches
- Experience of working in a matrix managed organisation
- Excellent communication skills – tailoring communications to suit a mix of audiences and ability to translate strategy into measurable business benefits
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Additional non agile specific accreditation and practitioner experience of a range of Project Management approaches including PRINCE2, PMI, PMOBOK etc. or Masters Level in Project Management or similar discipline from a recognised third level institution
- Excellent presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- People management experience
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritise shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator and a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion for technology and making things happen in a dynamic organisation. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Free enrolment in EY’s Tech MBA Programme accredited by Hult International Business School.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we’re using the frameworks, tools, and accelerators we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer a reality!
Join us in building a better working world.