New technologies and disruptive change are creating exciting opportunities: to work differently, to work better and to find new ways of creating value for us and the clients we serve. As part of our N
New technologies and disruptive change are creating exciting opportunities: to work differently, to work better and to find new ways of creating value for us and the clients we serve. As part of our NextWave strategy, PMO Analysts will provide support to our client’s technology centric programmes. We are looking to recruit high performing individuals with a proven track record in Programme Management and/or Portfolio/Project Management be part of our leading and growing Technology Consulting business.
By joining the Technology Consulting team, you will be helping our clients solve a whole range of challenges – from the requirement to respond to the ever-changing demands of the market, to working on large and complex transformation programmes that truly transform our clients ways of working, As part of this growing team, you will also get to help shape the innovative culture that makes EY such a great place to work.
If you have a keen interest in Technology Enabled Change as well as intellectual curiosity and energy, then Technology Consulting could be exactly the right place for you and your next career move.
Your key responsibilities
- You will manage the project management office, delivering all PMO activities for one or more projects as required.
- Supporting consistent delivery of high-quality project deliverables on time and within budget
- Managing and monitoring project logs, including project plans, risk and issue logs, project budgets, resource plans and project reports, including status report etc.
- Helping to shape creative and innovative solutions to address client technology issues
- Assisting in managing financial aspects of projects and engagements by organising staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders
- Communicating effectively with the EY engagement team, the client and internal and external stakeholders, as required
- Working confidently with clients, to support building ‘trusted advisor’ relationships.
- Understand all our service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients and be able to build meaningful external relationships with our clients and internal relationships across service lines.
- Developing and maintaining your personal training and development plan to ensure you continue to update and improve your skill profile on an ongoing basis
- Supporting collaboration and teaming activities across engagements and across the Technology Consulting team
Skills and attributes for success
To do this role effectively, we are looking for people with knowledge and experience in the following areas:
To qualify for the role you must have
- A strong academic record including a third level degree, preferably in a business or IT related discipline, from a recognised third level institution
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience working in a client facing role for a leading consulting or professional services company or at least 4 years’ experience working for a leading company in delivery of large-scale complex change/transformation programmes or systems integration programmes
- Experience in one or more of our focus industries including Power & Utilities, Financial Services, Government & Public Sector, Life Sciences, Consumer Goods, Tech and Media, Advanced Manufacturing / Industry 4.0
- Experience of one or more technology areas including but not limited to ERP, CRM. Digital Workplace, CX, Cloud Migration and/or integrations, Data & Analytics, RPA, Emerging Tech, IoT, Blockchain
- Ability to positively engage and develop relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Experience operating in a fast paced, multi-vendor environment
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills with a track record in managing complex stakeholder programmes;
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in tracking, monitoring, advising and maintaining status and actions across Project Budget, Risks, Issues, Dependencies and Benefits
- Experience with Stakeholder Management and working collaboratively across IT, Finance and parts of the business to deliver project governance that meets client needs
- Experience communicating and presenting project information to project team, finance and other stakeholders
- A continued ambition to further develop and learn, fostering an interest in innovative technologies
- A desire to identify new opportunities and help to create proposals to help solve our client’s most complex problems
- Additional professional qualifications, such as PRINCE2® or PMP, or Diploma Level in Project Management or similar discipline from a recognised third level institution
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritise shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator and a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion for technology and making things happen in a dynamic organisation. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Free enrolment in EY’s Tech MBA Programme accredited by Hult International Business School.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2022 a reality.
Make your mark!