Technologists plan and deliver complex projects that challenge AI+ML capabilities in new applications, to drive technology adoption and economic growth....
Digital Catapult is looking for an experienced Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Technologist to join a team of five Data Scientists and Machine Learning Technologists and around 40 Technologists and Engineers working across different technology areas, such as 5G, Immersive Tech, IoT, Blockchain and more. Technologists plan and deliver complex projects that challenge AI+ML capabilities in new applications, to drive technology adoption and economic growth. In addition, the team works closely to accelerate innovative startups, mainly through our flagship programme Machine Intelligence Garage (migrage.ai). In Digital Catapult we work with a variety of ML technologies and applications. We are developing opportunities around GANs, Reinforcement Learning, Privacy preserving ML such as federated learning and image based Deep Learning. Examples, to name a few, include Reinforcement Learning for air traffic control, GANs for synthetic data generation and Federated Learning for risk prediction for supply chains. This is a great role for someone with experience and qualifications in data science and machine learning. We are also interested in hearing from individuals with an engineering background who can demonstrate knowledge of machine learning. Industry experience of applying ML in different projects and contexts would be advantageous. The role would suit an individual who is proactive, creative, collaborative, a fast learner and comfortable working across all stages of projects from planning to delivery. Closing date for applications: 24th June.
what you’ll do
- Solve cutting edge AI+ML challenges with clients, startups and academic collaborators, with a focus on hands-on R&D
- Lead on technology requirements, architecture and delivery for AI and ML projects, frameworks, architectures and standards
- Initiate and help gain funding for new AI and ML projects
- Take part in innovation activities as an expert or mentor for startups and corporates
- Evangelise Digital Catapult’s mission and key programmes to a wide audience and into technical communities
what we’re looking for
- Broad and hands-on experience with key technologies in machine learning, deep learning, data science- in terms of algorithms, data engineering, software tools and hardware. Degree in Computer Science or a related subject or qualified by directly relevant experience. A postgraduate degree would be advantageous
- Demonstrable experience working with Python or similar language. Comfortable with data driven libraries such as pandas, numpy and scipy. Familiarity with at least one common machine learning framework, such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, Theano, MXnet, Chainer, CNTK
- Experience of using a GPU (locally, or in the cloud). Experience with using cloud based services for development and deployment of machine learning models. Familiarity with the software development stack including git, SQL, docker
- Broad understanding of current technology debates in AI+ML, their economic implications and sustainability
- Project initiation, formulation and leadership experience from a consulting, research or commercial setting
- Experience in communicating complex technology topics to both specialist and general audiences. Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, desire and ability to share ideas
Job Type: Permanent