Introduction Make a meaningful impact in how our clients use our products as a Content Designer in Data & AI at IBM. Design and develop technical product content, both inside and outside of the u
Make a meaningful impact in how our clients use our products as a Content Designer in Data & AI at IBM. Design and develop technical product content, both inside and outside of the user interface (UI), with a focus on clarity, accuracy, and the user experience. Drive a cohesive end-to-end content experience that moves clients through every phase of their product journey.
Your Role and Responsibilities
What You Will Do:
- Design, develop, and publish IBM technical content that is easy to use, easy to understand, and easy to find. This content can take many forms: content embedded in the UI (UX writing), product tours, messages, product documentation, API documentation, multimedia (for example, videos, graphics), Support content, chatbots, training, nurture, and community content.
- Simplify technically complex concepts and details from multiple sources into consumable content that drives user actions. Deliver clear, inclusive, accessible, and translated content for a global audience.
- Research and design content based on user scenarios and use cases: understand personas, deliver content for design iterations, develop and clarify UI terms, actively contribute to design reviews, conduct user testing/research to validate content.
- Work closely with Offering Management, Design, Development, Marketing, Support, Sales, Training, to tell a cohesive product story. Use expertise and user empathy to influence product design decisions to deliver the best user experiences we can for our clients.
- Own parts of the end-to-end authoring process: design, development, editing, production, translation, life cycle management.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum three years of professional experience in technical writing / content creation
- Modeling and formatting content into viable, feasible, and desirable solutions
- Researching and studying the subject and context to inform content
- Writing, curating, and editing content for accuracy, clarity, and usability, at every level of the progressive disclosure model
- Simplifying complex content for users
- Creating content that drives user actions
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and design for the interactions between language and design elements to construct a logical, compelling narrative throughout user/client journey
- Defining and applying consistent voice and tone throughout content journey
- Defining content goals and journeys based on user or customer goals
What we offer:
- Working for a top 5 IT company according to Forbes 2022 best employers ranking
- International and prestigious projects
- Highly skilled teams of experts
- Wide range of IBM trainings and certificates
- Unlimited access to Udemy, Harvard Business Review, Safari O’Reilly, getAbstract, IBM AI Skills Academy
And what is more:
- Contract of employment
- Private medical care and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sport, charity & other networking groups
- Summer / winter camps for children
- Discounts with IBM employee badge
- Referral Bonus Program
- Home office option
- No dress code
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for great storytelling
- Foundational understanding of UX design and design research
- Excellent collaboration skills with a persistent curiosity
- Attention to detail in the language and relationships of design elements in the experience
- Localizing content for specific audiences and markets
- Basic research skills to measure and analyze efficacy of content
- Degree in Writing, English, Journalism, Communication, Information Design, or related field, or a technical degree
- Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Processing (NLP) – interest and ability to learn how to infuse AI into our content operations
- Experience working in an agile, squad-based, continuous delivery development model
- Markup languages (such as DITA XML, Markdown, HTML) and authoring tools (Oxygen)
- Documenting detailed technical content such as APIs and SDKs
- Programming in any of the following languages: Java, Ruby, PHP, Python, Swift, Go, ObjectiveC, Node
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.