About Status Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigati
Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole wider ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 100+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
The project & role
The Nimbus team is seeking an experienced Technical Writer to help develop and maintain the future of Nimbus documentation. You’ll have expertise in communicating complicated technology topics in clear, concise ways. You will build our documentation working closely with developers to present our content.
Nimbus is a research team that focuses on developing an Ethereum client and library targeting both Ethereum and the upcoming, proof-of-stake-based ETH2. We believe that the largest deployment of Ethereum will potentially be on embedded systems, Nimbus will be designed to perform well on embedded, mobile and generally resource-restricted devices. The extensible, configurable, and modular design of Nimbus will make it production ready for Web 3.0 and will ensure that it can be supported and maintained across all goals of Ethereum 2.0.
Building the stack from ground up, we’re translating the latest Ethereum 2.0 research into practical, performant and reusable libraries to provide fertile exploration ground for further R&D. Check our latest update!
If you’re an enthusiastic and curious technical writer with experience in software documentation and you want to be part of a small and dedicated team, this may be the role for you.
- Produce engaging multi-channel technical content for our website, blog, social media and other marketing channels.
- Attend weekly team meetings to gather content, distill it and generate interesting and engaging weekly technical blog posts and developer documentation without guidance / project brief.
- Write content aimed at developers, fact check technical claims in our marketing materials, interface with development teams & write technical press releases.
- Write clear, concise, and conversational copy.
- Ensure tone and style, across all mediums.
- Collaborate closely with product and marketing teams to come up with creative concepts for marketing material.
- Work with stakeholders and reviewers to keep our brand voice consistent.
- Develop communication strategies and clear content strategy across all creative aspects of the campaign.
You ideally will have:
Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role!
- Passionate about blockchain technology and decentralisation.
- Deep, relevant experience in technical writing.
- Ability to quickly understand complex technical concepts and make them understandable through documentation.
- Strong organizational skills, structured thinking.
- Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking, predominantly in English).
A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working for a blockchain or crypto organisation in a Technical Writing role.
- Experience working for an open source organization.
We are happy to pay in either 100% fiat or any mix of fiat and/or crypto. For more information regarding benefits at Status: https://people-ops.status.im/tag/perks/
The hiring process for this role will be:
- Interview with Angel, one of Status’ Recruiters
- Interview with Kaushal (Senior BD Manager for Nimbus) & Jorge (Technical Writer for Status App)
- Technical Writing Task & Presentation
- Interview with Jacek, leading R&D