Who are we? We are on the cusp of a tectonic shift in consumer behaviour from Web 2.0 to Web 3.0. We believe that as Web 3.0 grows, brands will progressively shift their attention towards it and tr
Who are we?
We are on the cusp of a tectonic shift in consumer behaviour from Web 2.0 to Web 3.0. We believe that as Web 3.0 grows, brands will progressively shift their attention towards it and try to become a key part of the new creator economy. That is where LandVault comes in, we exist to redefine brand experiences in the Metaverse.
We are the world’s leading metaverse development studio with over 100 employees worldwide, a powerful community of experts, and a leadership team that is always pushing the boundaries of what is possible for the future. This is why we are the chosen metaverse resource for many of the world’s largest brands and we’re now looking for a Technical Lead to join a newly formed web3 engineering team at LandVault.
As a Technical Lead, you will have responsibility for the technical direction of LandVault’s web3 products, supporting and evolving the web3 product and technology strategy. Your tasks will include mentoring engineers, guiding technical direction and hands-on development of protocols, tools and web3 applications for the Open Metaverse.
- Make architectural decisions in collaboration with the CTO and Product department.
- Design, architect and build blockchain components of LandVault web3 applications and tools.
- Work in a cross-functional team comprising product managers, engineers to develop and release web3 applications and protocols focused around NFTs, decentralised virtual worlds and the Open Metaverse.
- Work across the whole development lifecycle (discovery, delivery, testing, releasing, supporting and maintaining) using agile methodologies.
- Engage in full-stack dev as needed, as well as technical tasks and code reviews.
- Develop, test, and deploy smart contracts that allow users to mint and interact with NFTs.
- Help drive the web3 product vision from the tech point of view and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Coach and mentor team members to encourage continuous growth.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in blockchain technology and the NFT space to grow our internal capability.
- Help the team champion software quality while being pragmatic.
- Responsible for CI/CD and release pipeline being set up
- Responsible for overseeing all activities within a team
- Champion a web3 mindset across the engineering team.
Skills and experience
- 6+ years of hands-on experience as software engineer
- 2+ years of web3 development experience
- 1+ years as a tech lead, leading a team of 3+ team members
- Experience of Ethereum and operating a blockchain product.
- Prior experience deploying commercial smart contract systems to the Ethereum mainnet
- Familiarity with other blockchains, L2s/sidechains such as Polygon or other L2 networks.
- Experience integrating and managing AWS infrastructure
- Strong understanding of product thinking, interaction design and execution.
- Experience with writing/debugging and deploying Smart Contracts (Solidity, Vyper)
- Continuously delivering a product using principles of lean product design and hypothesis-driven development.
- Experience in a startup environment
Desirable skills and experience
- Advanced knowledge of Polygon and Ethereum
- Familiarity with Polkadot/Substrate frameworks
- Interest in the Metaverse, NFTs and/or games technology
- Experience of launching tokens and a solid understanding of tokenomics and token design
- Worked at a fast-growing web3 native start-up
- Familiar with Web3 frameworks and a solid grasp of modern UI libraries (react.js, web3.js).
- Experience in Jira and Confluence
- Very competitive package
- Exciting career growth in the Web3 industry
- Wellness budget
- Working from home or co-working budget
- Training budget