As a Technical Team Leader in Marco Polo Network Engineering, you will be accountable for the output of the whole team and responsible for each of the team members individual growth and well-being. Yo
As a Technical Team Leader in Marco Polo Network Engineering, you will be accountable for the output of the whole team and responsible for each of the team members individual growth and well-being. You are the voice of the team in the broader engineering and company contexts but also encourage the individual voices to be heard. You will work with your team and the wider engineering groups to agree direction and architectural approaches. Once the team have committed to their deliverables you will, working with the scrum master and Product Owner ensure that the team’s goals are met. In Marco Polo we manage via Objectives and Key Results, and you will be responsible for ensuring that the team and individual OKRs reflect, support, and deliver on the company OKRs.
On any given day you will:
As the tech lead of a dynamic cross functional team, you will have many responsibilities including but not limited to: ·
- Mentoring the team on design patterns and development best practices.
- Contributing to and driving the success of the team in designing, developing, testing, and delivering high quality enterprise grade software solutions.
- Contributing to story refinement and create solution designs.
- Driving code, test, and design reviews.
- Reporting the right things in the right way at the right time
- Acting as a gatekeeper you will work in a way that protects our people, systems and complies with our InfoSec and security policies and procedures
- Continuously improve how we get things done; recommend and implement better faster more effective ways of supporting our clients and team
- Effectively execute any special projects or ad-hoc tasks as assigned
- Investigating, evaluating & introducing appropriate tools, technologies & techniques.
- Designing and implementing solutions to complex problems.
- Working closely with engineers, architects and the product organisation, sales, and support. Engaging with distributed teams and partners to ensure cohesive development across our platform and technical stacks.
- Identifying and clearing technical blockers and supporting the team in resolving them.
- Monitoring the team dynamics identifying and addressing issues affecting their ability to deliver effectively.
You will bring:
- You motivate delivery teams to take pride and ownership of their projects and code.
- You demonstrate natural leadership skills with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are focused on balancing both business and technical requirements.
- You value simplicity and maintainability over excessively abstracted solutions.
- You have curiosity beyond your own domain of expertise.
- You are self-disciplined/self-starter/positive attitude with drive & commitment to deadlines.
- You are analytical with strong attention to detail and are results oriented. Demonstrable experience in delivering production grade software.
- Kotlin/Java application development experience using Springboot.
- Experience leading in an Agile development environment within Scrum or Kanban teams.
- Experience in automated testing, working with several automated frameworks (e.g., Playwright, JUnit, Jasmine, Cucumber, Selenium, etc).
- Working knowledge of OO Design principles and patterns such as SOLID & DRY.
- Solid working knowledge of database design, scripting and optimisation including Postgres, Elastic, Kafka, or other NoSQL & RDBMS.
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST or gRPC and API design for extensibility and portability. Swagger or OpenAPI experience.
- Proven experience developing SaaS on Azure or AWS using Linux.
- Experience debugging distributed systems with high loads including performance and memory profiling.
- Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality backend systems, including HA (High Availability), Disaster Recovery, security, and resiliency aspects.
- Experience with designing and implementing microservices.
- Experience working with business stakeholders to understand business requirements and build thoughtful solutions.
- Experience working with containers and orchestration platforms (Kubernetes, Docker, Istio, etc.).
- Highly proactive and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to take initiative and get things done
- A strong desire to exceed client expectation’s (internal & external) is a must
- An entrepreneurial and adaptable approach is a pre-requisite
- Any Blockchain/DLT experience/understanding a benefit.
- Financial Software experience, especially supply trade finance.
- Experience in Kong and Okta.
- Knowledge of TDD (Test Driven Development) and BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) an advantage.
- Experience of Fintech, Secure Coding, secure code reviews.
- Knowledge of workflow engines such as Camunda.
- Expertise in authentication and authorisation technologies (SSO, OAuth, JWT, etc.)
- Secure development and integration of DevOps tooling (Jenkins, GitHub Enterprise, Consul, Vault, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Azure Manager Resource templates, workflows, vendor SaaS, etc.)
- C# .NET application development experience (up to .NET Core 2.0)
- Experience working with .NET web application development technologies (E.g., C#, LINQ, Entity Framework, MVC, Dependency Injection, Message Queuing)
- Experience of PowerShell, bash, Helm.
- Knowledge of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework).
What you can expect:
- Life in a fast-moving start-up environment and all that entails
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Flexi-lifestyle benefits (tailor your options to what is important to you; i.e. Health care, fitness, travel, continuous professional development etc)
- Pension Scheme
- MacBook or Dell? You choose the type of equipment you need to work more efficiently
- Keep active with numerous fitness team events and challenges organised throughout the year
- Growing your family? We know how important those first few months are for both parents and we are offering paid leave for both mums and dads so you can enjoy the new arrival!
- All the tools and supports needed to do an excellent job
- Ability to make a difference
- A dynamic workplace with a great balance of hard work and fun