Introduction IBM Automation Software comprises of application development platforms that enable developers and business experts to create cloud-native applications that automate business processe
IBM Automation Software comprises of application development platforms that enable developers and business experts to create cloud-native applications that automate business processes and decisions. They provide tools for modeling business processes and decisions, and support both Decision Model and Notation (DMN) and Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) standards. They also provide advanced business rules and process engines that support complex event processing, case management and a resource optimization engine that helps in solving complex business problems.
This role specializes in performing and enabling technical support for IBM Automation Software. Successful candidates will provide technical support assistance to customers using problem determination / problem source identification skills. They will utilize technical and negotiation skills in collaboration with development and other support organizations. This includes recommending and implementing improvements to existing technical support tools, procedures, and processes, contributing to department goals and attaining organizational objectives through high customer satisfaction.
As a Customer Support Engineer, you will participate in the worldwide remote technical support team for our Open Shift, Workflow and Decisions products. You will be part of an international team and organization that is distributed around the globe. You will act as a global team member contributing to a seamless 24×7 “follow-the-sun” support for IBM’s customers. You will be working with customers around the world.
You will go beyond the industry standard technical support practices and will become an expert of the product, with a strong knowledge of the product internal components as well as how the solution is utilized by customers. Your top priority is always going to be customer success and customer satisfaction, by answering their technical questions and resolving their product related issues you will contribute to their success.
You will be challenged to never stop learning, as we want you to grow for our customers, our company and for your own career.
The Technical Support Professional:
- Provides technical support assistance to customers using problem determination/problem source identification skills.
•Utilizes technical and negotiation skills in collaboration with other support operations/organizations to prioritize and diagnose problems to resolution. •Communicates action plans to the customer or IBM representative as appropriate.
- Recommends and implements new or improvements to existing technical support tools, procedures, and processes.
- May provide training for and mentor others on the team.
- Contributes to department attainment of organizational objectives and high customer satisfaction.
- Documents problem solutions within the company knowledge base.
•Writes and provides the customer with samples of test code. •Manages requests priorities on a daily basis.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support assistance to customers using problem determination/problem source identification skills.
- Communicate action plans to the customer or IBM representative as appropriate.
- Work closely with clients as leading resolver to assist and expedite problem resolution during product implementation by providing remote troubleshooting and guidance.
- Review diagnostic information to assist in isolation of a problem cause (which includes interpreting traces).
- Provide technical support within established guidelines; demonstrating soft skills and technical skills that contribute to client satisfaction.
- Partner with other support teams and service units to provide seamless problem resolution that leads to delightful client perceptions, utilizing technical and negotiation skills.
- Recommend and implement new or improvements to existing technical support tools and processes.
- Contribute to department attainment of organizational objectives and high customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the products supported by maintaining applicable technical certifications.
- May provide training for and mentorship for others on the team. Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Basic knowledge in Operating system administration (Linux, Windows)Basic knowledge in Relational Databases (MariaDB, Oracle, MS SQL, MariaDB, Sybase, DB2, MySQL)Experience with one of the following application servers (Websphere, JBoss, Apache Tomcat, etc.)
- Basic Knowledge of LDAP
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented Programming.
- Ability to use command line tools to diagnose network issues.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and debugging skills & structured problem-solving mindset, including problem recreation, analyzing logs and traces, debugging complex issues to determine a course of action and recommend solutions.
- Strong positive customer service attitude with sensitivity to client satisfaction.
- Must be a self-starter, quick learner and enjoy working in a challenging, fast paced environment. English: Fluent in speaking and writing
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology.
- Red Hat certification (RHCSA/RHCE) would be a big PLUS.
- Experience in Process and Decisions automation software.
- Hands-on Experience in Linux operating system (Any flavor).
- Adequate knowledge of containers, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with Red Hat Open Shift Container Platform.
- Familiarity with Agile working models and Cloud-based environments.
- Knowledge in single sign-on standards(SAML, OpenID Connect, Oauth..).
- Understanding of Runtime tools (Tomcat, Jboss,Node.JS, ).
- Significant understanding of the Business Process Automation.
- Experience with one or several of the following skills/technologies: BPM (e.g. jBPM), BRMS (e.g. Drools, iLog) Java EE (e.g. CDI, EJB, JPA, REST, Transactions).
- Messaging (e.g. MQ, HornetQ, AMQ)
- Errai, GWT, maven, git, BPMN specification; Java, OpenJDK, IBM JDK and Oracle JDK.
- Experience in reviewing Linux based Application logs.
- Basic knowledge of Kafka.
- At least 2 year experience in Technical Support.
- At least 1 year experience working with Automation technologies.
- Fluent in speaking and writing in English and additional language(s)
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.