Technical Solutions Specialist (SE) – Cisco Security SaaS (Duo/Umbrella) – EMEA Partners
What You'll Do Expect to work hard and have fun. Cisco’s SaaS security solutions breaks the traditional sales model’s mold, allowing us to move sales cycles at a much higher velocity. A Technical
Expect to work hard and have fun. Cisco’s SaaS security solutions breaks the traditional sales model’s mold, allowing us to move sales cycles at a much higher velocity. A Technical Solutions Specialist or Solutions Engineer (SE) will work with many prospects, partners and customers in a day, providing consulting, technical implementation, solution demos and partner enablement. We partner with our account executives to understand and align with our partners’ needs and consult through state-of-the-art security strategies. We are profoundly responsive and available to ensure our prospects and partners have an amazing experience with Cisco Security products.
Who You Are
- Ability to align Partners and their clients’ needs with the value of Cisco’s Security products, namely SaaS offerings including Duo Security and Umbrella
- Possess superb interpersonal and excellent communication skills
- Work as a team with your assigned Partner Account Manager(s) to understand and align with our partners’ needs
- Identify the technical thought leaders and influencers at a partner and align closely with their business
- Provide incredible technical enablement and training to strategic partners
- Position Cisco Security solutions against competing products and strategically position them with other technologies sold by partners
- Focus heavily on Partner enablement of product, technical sales, and technical demos
- Provide compelling End-user and Admin demos
- 1 year experience in a customer facing technical role (Customer Success, Sales Engineering, etc.)
- Comfort speaking to C-Suite audience
- Network Engineering Experience, understanding of DNS and Firewalls
- Extensive IP network troubleshooting skills including active working knowledge of tools and commands like ping, traceroute, nslookup and Wireshark.
- VPN configuration
- Able to quickly diagnose network and ACL configuration issues
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Radius authentication
- Systems Engineering experience
- Has setup and configured Active Directory
- Working knowledge of LDAP with ability to solve problems with LDAP lookup issues
- Has designed and configured RDP with an strong of Windows Server environments
- Has a working knowledge of Office 365
- Has configured and fixed SAML and SSO issues
- Strong Unix and Linux knowledge… Especially with SSH and PAM.
- Knowledgeable with Identity/Access Management and two-factor authentication
- Familiarity with web proxies
We are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique. Still, we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and, yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we offer our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.