At World Mobile, we are expanding our world-class engineering teams to join us rebooting the trillion-dollar telco industry and deliver a fairer, better Internet for all. Our Mission Hal
At World Mobile, we are expanding our world-class engineering teams to join us rebooting the trillion-dollar telco industry and deliver a fairer, better Internet for all.
Half the world’s population don’t have access to the Internet or the education, identity and economic opportunities it offers. The World Mobile network, built on cutting-edge telecoms and blockchain technology, has an unprecedented opportunity to change that.
We’re combining aerostats, blockchain and hybrid connectivity to build an unstoppable mobile network run by the people, for the people, that will disrupt the telco industry and deliver a global sharing economy that benefits everyone.
At World Mobile, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work with a diverse and experienced team of futurists and change-makers, realise the true utility of blockchain technology and help build a scalable and revolutionary mobile network poised for global adoption.
We’re looking for the brightest and most brilliant people to join our team and grow with us as we go where other telcos cannot and bring better, fairer Internet access everywhere.
To succeed as our Product Owner, you should have the personality and work ethic aiming for excellence. You have exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English, a solid ability to understand and prioritise the business demands while still understanding the technical constraints and estimations of the team. Your superpower is prioritisation.
- Take end-to-end ownership of the product: from gather requirements to production release and performance
- Defend and protect the team, so they can focus on producing high-quality, readable, and performant code while delivering good value
- Work in close collaboration with the Software Program Manager, act as Product Owner of different Scrum teams in the company
- Understand and define business requirements, technical solutions, and carefully plan and prioritize sprints and releases
- Keep constant communication with all the stakeholders in the company to keep an accurate and organized product backlog
- Follow sprint progress and coordinate the resolution of production issues
- Communicate product updates to the rest of the company
- Define high-level roadmaps
- Stay on top of industry trends and best practices to integrate into our team’s vision
- Assist in the redaction of manuals, technical documentation, and tutorials
Product Owner requirements:
- 6+ years of experience as a Product Owner or in similar project management positions
- Deep knowledge of Agile frameworks, more specifically Scrum
- Advanced oral and written English skills
- Prioritize projects and defend your decisions
- Ability to choose the right compromises at the right time
- Technical notions and previous work as a Software Engineer
- Appreciate clean code and best practices in software engineering (Domain-Driven Design is a plus)
- Good communication skills, knowledge sharing, and collaboration
- Advanced oral and written Spanish skills — a plus
- Familiarity with telecoms or blockchain — a major plus
£55k – £60k
Remote 100% working ideally candidates should be UK Based & UK Resident.