RSR Regulatory is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the regulatory talent markets. We are c
RSR Regulatory is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the regulatory talent markets.
We are currently seeking a Technical Investigator. This is a permanent position based in West End and our client is looking for a technically-savvy person who has a natural flare for investigating they need someone to start as soon as possible, there will be a 1st and second stage interview
The role will work closely with other departments within the organisation, including software developers, lawyers and law enforcement professionals. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a willingness to learn and develop their existing technical, and investigative, skillset.
Given the nature of the role and the demands of our members, candidates must be flexible and able to work out-of-hours – if required- and participate in periods of self-study.
- Salary £40,000 per annum
- Monday to Friday
- 9.00am to 17.30pm
- 1 hour lunch break
- Working remote Monday and Friday
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- £750 worth of Gym membership
- 1 week of for Christmas
- End of year bonus from £1000 to £2000 (depending on how well the company are doing as a whole.
- Free medical plan
- A degree in a computing discipline and/or relevant technical certification.
Proficient knowledge of below is a must;
- Internet-based protocols such as HTTP, FTP, P2P and TCP/IP.
- Mobile application structure and investigation.
- Network infrastructure & communication.
- Block chain technologies
- Common Programming language(s) (e.g., Python, SQL).
- Experience of internet-based investigations (i.e., Open Source / Human Source
Intelligence), with a strong understanding of best-practise digital-evidence collection.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- An ability to produce accurate, clear and concise technical reports, investigative documents and presentations.
- Keen attention to detail with strong organisational skills and ability to manage own work load
Previous experience in working with large data sets and extracting meaningful data.
Awareness of applicable legislation
- Network Tracker tools
- Cryptocurrency especially bitcoin
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Section 512 (United States)
- Copyright, Designs & Patents Act 1988 (United Kingdom)
- Computer Misuse Act 1990
- Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 / Investigatory Powers Act 2016
- Police And Criminal Evidence Act 1984
- Familiarity with Linux / CLI, web-scraping technology and link-analysis.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please email your CV to email@example.com
Our client is committed to equal opportunities
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Regulatory is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) – a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.