The ideal candidate will have a predominantly technical background implementing major fund management and/or banking software applications, preferably within a…...
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate will have a predominantly technical background implementing major fund management and/or banking software applications, preferably within a front office environment. They will also have a good understanding of the fund management and/or front-office terminology and operations.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform – State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Consultant you will:
- Assist, from a technical standpoint, in the implementation of a sophisticated trade order management and compliance monitoring systems to the fund management industry
- Provide technical consultancy services for clients and their CRD Account Managers including; install, configure and test software; problem investigation; database configuration, tracing and performance analysis.
- Provide technical consultancy services for systems integration
- Design and development of solutions for additional Client requirements
- This role involves extensive travel and will involve spending time working on Client sites both in London and the EMEA region.
What we value
- Experience in at least one major DBMS (MS SQL Server or Oracle), including installation, configuration and development.
- Multi-tier application point
- Good knowledge and experience of
- PL/SQL or TransactSQL (MS SQL Server)
- Complex SQL
- Debugging and optimization
- System interfacing and integration
- Proven, substantial, development experience in Java and/or C#.
- Development experience in some or all of the following would be an advantage
- Web Services
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- XML Messaging
- Excel VBA
- Exposure to working in Financial services; front- or middle-office, or fund management business areas ideal
- Experience dealing with users or clients from either a technical or business area.
- Comfortable making presentations covering business, technical or sales.
- Detailed knowledge of;
- Project phasing and reporting
- On-site delivery
- Systems support
- Operational procedures
- Batch processing
- System sizing and capacity planning
- System backup, contingency and disaster recovery
- Regional roll outs
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Third level qualification essential ideally a Technical Bachelors Degree.
- Fluency in a European language highly desirable.
- A natural desire to bring order to IT systems and to automate processes
- A positive, customer-oriented, and energetic attitude
- An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- A desire to work hard, be challenged in a fast-paced environment, and have fun while doing it.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers