ROLE: Technical Consultant LOCATION Dublin with flexibility for hybrid working Our client works with leading organizations in Ireland and internationally. These organizations are look
ROLE: Technical Consultant
LOCATION Dublin with flexibility for hybrid working
Our client works with leading organizations in Ireland and internationally. These organizations are looking to derive greater value from technology – both in terms of customer-facing solutions and within their operations. It is essential that our client is equipped to help their clients seize the opportunities new technology and techniques present, as well as address the challenges they face.
My client is building their Technology Consulting team, investing significantly to offer a wide range of services, from helping create digitally-fit strategies and operating models to designing and building client-facing and operational platforms. As part of this, they are seeking to recruit experienced IT consultants to engage in digital transformation with our clients.
They have ambitious plans and are looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals to enhance their capability of the team. Success will be rewarded with a clear route to progression to senior levels within the firm.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Client delivery: You will work with clients to deliver technology projects that will support their business objectives. They are currently implementing projects in the healthcare, banking, insurance, property, energy, utilities, retail, wholesale, fast-moving consumer goods, and government sectors.
- Business Development: You’ll be responsible for contributing to proposals and client presentations for complex IT delivery projects
- Practice development: you will work with Technology and Consulting leadership to build-out offerings, methodologies, and delivery capabilities (people and tools)
- Thought Leadership: Drawing on your skills and experience, you’ll create innovative insights for clients looking to develop their solutions to deliver value and improve their operations. You will help raise the profile of the firm in this regard
As a client-facing IT consultant, you will:
- Carry out IT PMO and business analysis activities in a technology environment
- IT PMO:
- Provide administrative support such as document management, event management, budgeting and invoicing, meeting organization, and assisting with the formatting and production of reports, documents, and presentations for clients undertaking technology projects
- Deliver effective communication on projects to key stakeholders including PMO (Weekly/Monthly Status Reports); Presentations at key Governance meetings as required
- Act as a key enabler to business clients for project delivery
- Manage project plans and ensure resources are allocated to achieve planned work schedules
- Manage & report on status, risks, and issues across projects. Escalation to Project Sponsor and Steering Group as appropriate
- Manage stakeholders across the project lifecycle including users and external resources/service providers
- Manage budgets and timescales to ensure adherence to approved milestones and overall budget
- Manage user training and support
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned
IT Business Analysis
- Assess IT solutions and recommend improvements
- Carry out process mapping and identify areas for process improvement
- Develop As-Is, To-Be, and Gap Analysis documentation
- Lead user requirements workshops and develop and document the requirements, providing challenges to the users to ensure the requirements meet desired business outcomes
- Develop and document functional and technical specifications and solution design documents
- Deploy or manage the deployment of custom and standard software products
- Assist go-live cutovers
ABOUT THE PERSON:
You will be a self-starter, highly motivated to develop a market-leading capability and to progress within the firm. You will have the right blend of hands-on experience, an eye for innovation, and an understanding of the markets in which my client works. You will use this to excel in client delivery and help develop and build client offerings. You will:
- have a proven track record of delivery
- have strong stakeholder management skills
- be proficient in working in an Agile software environment and working with project management software platforms e.g., Microsoft Project, JIRA
- possess Effective Problem-Solving skills in the context of software development/business process improvement
- be a confident and impactful communicator, both written and verbal, able to clearly explain technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences, in a way that is accessible to everyone, especially senior stakeholders. You will have experience in facilitating effective workshops across all levels of an organization
- have a willingness to learn and develop new skills. You will work in a collaborative team environment but you must possess the ability to quickly develop expertise in areas where you are less familiar or experienced. This role requires significant dexterity due to the ever-changing world of technology and the nascent and dynamic nature of Technology Consulting.
- have proven experience in supporting business development activities, client relationship management and contributing to winning proposal development
- About your domain knowledge and skills
- have experience in the following areas
- IT Project management office (PMO)
- Agile methodologies
- Process mapping
- Requirements gathering
- Workshop facilitation
- Knowledge of assessing IT systems across various platforms. (e.g., Windows, Linux, SAP, Oracle, SQL, AS400).
- have knowledge of
- Assessing cloud environments (e.g., AWS, Microsoft Azure).
- Project management methodologies e.g., Prince2, PMP
- Latest cloud computing and data technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends, and deployment options
- Emerging Technology, AI, RPA, IoT, Blockchain
- Have excellent project management, collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills
- have experience in hands-on delivery of projects at key clients, either on your own or as part of larger delivery teams, and have a personal track record of delivering impactful results
- have excellent written and oral communications skills. You will have significant experience presenting to and developing written documents for executive and leadership levels within an organization.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and/or work experience
- Project management certification e.g., Prince2, PMP
- 2+ years of direct work experience in a technical business analysis/project management office capacity
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft software products including Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Teams, and SharePoint
- Possess Effective Stakeholder management skills to effectively deliver software projects
- Competent and proficient understanding of business solutions, such as CRM, ERP, Document Management, Productivity suites, etc.
Barden’s IT recruitment practice is where IT professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your IT career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.