The Dock’s Technology and Engineering team focuses on the Full Stack Engineering Solutions required to incubate new assets and products – responsive UIs, micro…...
About The Dock:
The Dock is Accenture’s flagship global innovation centre and research and development hub, based in Grand Canal Dock in Dublin 2. The Dock’s Technology and Engineering team focuses on the Full Stack Engineering Solutions required to incubate new assets and products – responsive UIs, micro-services, data layers – solving problems using Software Engineering, Applied Intelligence, Computer Vision, Cloud Native Design, Data Engineering and Cyber-Security.
Working in tandem with Architecture, Agile, Big Data, Analytics, Immersive, Cloud Engineering and Design pillars and practices, we operate across all stages of the innovation spectrum with a remit to build the future in real-time.
We are open and interactive, facilitating collaboration with colleagues, clients, customers and ecosystem partners. Our experimentation culture combined with a disruptive brief and the ability to deal with uncertainty empowers us to break future ground and build high quality assets and services.
We are looking for a Technical Architect to join our Technology & Engineering practice within the Dock’s New Products and Services organisation. You will be part of the large innovation-focussed Technology & Engineering team that helps The Dock innovate, design, create and deliver next generation solutions across a range of innovative projects, prototypes and proofs of concept.
As a Technical Architect you will:
- Work within innovation teams to define, create and maintain best practices and technical roadmaps
- Participate in engagements with clients and stakeholders to understand their requirements by attending progress updates, bi-weekly calls/meetings
- Work with other architects to analyse and design complex integrated technical solutions, services and components
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Break technical epics or stories into detailed technical specifications tasks and provide reasonable workload estimation
- Possess strong leadership of the technology stack, working in an agile technical team providing advanced engineering expertise and guidance to high quality standards
- Provide hands-on help/development support on setting up frameworks, core mechanisms and troubleshooting
- Pair program with team members and review code to help them maintain best practices
- Document key technical implementations, approaches, mechanisms and decisions
- Identify and consider reusability opportunities for components, services, designs
- Work with other technical leads and other senior engineers to design hands-on training sessions and workshops
- Transfer knowledge to multi-functional teams and provide major defect support
- Where applicable, be a technical mentor to share your specialisms and best practices.
Your everyday abilities:
- Ability to lead best practices within the team, using design patterns and principles, following agile processes effectively and helping the team deliver high quality solutions.
- Understand the perspectives of front-end and back-end engineering, data scientists, DevOps and be able to use, choose or create the right technology and approach rather than constraining yourself to addressing everything with a single technology stack.
- You are someone who values relevant communication, is highly collaborative, enthusiastic in achieving results, open, even sometimes creative but has a deep interest in new and emerging technologies.
- Capable of leading the design, development and delivery of a full-stack solution. A technology leader in one or more of these practice capabilities: S/W Engineering, Architecture, Cloud Engineering, UIX/XR, Rapid Prototyping, Applied AI/ML.
- Experience within the Java, Node or Python ecosystems, including familiarity with designing system components based on top of common frameworks such a Spring Boot, Express.js and/or Flask
- Experience of building on top of one of the main public cloud vendors (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
Extras we’d love to see:
- Experience with Cloud Native Design and integrating cloud services directly into complex solutions
- Knowledge of modern data pipelines and Big Data processing techniques including AI model development pipelines
- An understanding of cloud security best practices
- Hands on experience with DevOps tools and techniques including CI/CD pipelines
Experience and qualifications:
- Up to 2+ years of experience leading an agile team to deliver software in a fast-paced, highly collaborative work environment.
- 8+ years of experience as an engineer designing and implementing complex web applications, enterprise level APIs, data and webservices integration.
- Experience in development and working in areas of emerging technology (AI, Analytics, IoT, Blockchain, Immersive Realities) and driving new points of view and capabilities
- Proven expertise in creating solutions and accurately estimating project effort and costs (particularly for agile deliveries)
- Experience with agile development (SCRUM, Kanban, etc) and within an agile project team
- Proven experience in project and program management and in managing senior stakeholders
- B.Sc./B.Eng./M.Sc./M.Eng./PhD degree(s) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Mathematics, related fields or relevant professional experience.
Working at Accenture means joining a company that prides itself on being Truly Human. In addition to a competitive base salary, you’ll also have an extensive benefits package that includes
- Private health insurance
- Discounted gym membership
- Emergency caring facilities
- 2 days’ leave per year for charitable work of your choice.
Flexible working arrangements can be discussed depending on the position.
This role sits within the Technology and Engineering capability of The Dock’s New Products & Services team. The Dock is where Accenture, our clients and partners connect to pioneer new ways to fulfil human needs using emerging technology.
As part of NPS, you’ll be joining a group that takes pride in being the best place for Accenture and our clients to ideate and incubate new products and services. You’ll be part of a unique team of brilliant designers, engineers, analysts, researchers and technologists, working collaboratively under one roof to solve real-world challenges. Every day, we work with clients, partners and colleagues from across the globe to bring business innovation to life in the market. And together, we’re working towards a vision of expanding the possibilities of now, to create the products and services of tomorrow.
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com