Tech Lead – Software Engineering
About Us Sygnum is the world’s first regulated Digital Asset Bank, founded on Swiss and Singapore dual heritage, headquartered in Switzerland and operating globally. We make digital assets bankab
Sygnum is the world’s first regulated Digital Asset Bank, founded on Swiss and Singapore dual heritage, headquartered in Switzerland and operating globally. We make digital assets bankable, secure and convenient, empowering our clients to invest in the digital asset economy with complete trust. For the first time with Sygnum, major currencies and digital assets, including Bitcoin, Ethereum and digital CHF and asset tokens are seamlessly integrated in one account. Sygnum’s diverse and talented team of banking, investment and DLT experts is shaping the development of a trusted digital asset ecosystem.
The Custody Team
Custody is the centerpiece of a bank. We make sure that the funds of our customers are “safu” at all times. We’re home to some of the most advanced security systems and procedures, which are designed to prevent funds from theft and loss. This includes multi-layered encryption, cold storage solutions and keeping the private keys to the wallets of our customers on special hardware. We also make sure the funds can be transferred between wallets and to the outside world safely and securely. And for deposits we work together with other teams within Sygnum to ensure that incoming funds are coming from a trustworthy source and are compliant with the Swiss banking law.
“In the custody team we don’t compromise quality and don’t take short-cuts.”
Our Engineering Culture
Do you identify with these values and principles?
- Team first mindset. The team above its individuals
- Our people always first. Everything starts there
- We deliver frequently, with high quality and security. Yup, that’s right.
- We celebrate success and learn from failures. The key to a healthy balance.
- We are pragmatic and look for simplicity. KISS everywhere
- We have positive impact. We deliver results.
What we offer
As a tech lead, you are comfortable wearing two hats: tech and management.
With the technical, you will:
- Lead a team of software engineers to develop and own state-of-the-art custody solutions
- Constantly enhance the quality and security of the applications
- Contribute to writing and reviewing high quality and secured code covered by tests
- Work with platform engineers to improve CI/CD pipelines and release processes
- Work with SRE engineers and solution architects to improve the availability, resilience and observability of the applications
With the managerial, you will:
- Coach and mentor software engineers in the team
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team
- Partner with product managers and stakeholders to plan new features and improvements
- Drive blameless retros and post-mortems that help the team learn from mistakes
- Promote a psychologically safe space where everyone feels they can contribute to improving things
This is a great opportunity for you if you:
- Enjoy doing both: technical and people leadership work
- Have a collaborative and growth mindset
- Care about quality and security and bake those aspects in the software development lifecycle
- Are comfortable taking ownership of the whole development lifecycle, from designing solutions to running the application in production
What you offer
- Designing flexible and robust REST APIs with an API first approach.
- Experience and references as a Backend Engineer in complex setups.
- Understanding microservices, event driven architecture and being able to implement complex functionality in TypeScript – e.g. NestJS/ExpressJS
- Knowledge about serverless concepts using cloud functions like AWS’ Lamda and serverless frameworks like Middify.
- Understanding the development lifecycle and its technologies – Git, CI/CD tools, unit testing, vulnerability.
- A plus would be the understanding of web3 or blockchain technologies.
- The chance to be part of a movement shaping the futures of our world’s financial system.
- Work on new, cutting-edge technology in the blockchain space.
- Competitive salary packages and chances to leave individual footprints.
- An amazing, diverse, highly skilled, international, and motivated team of professionals.
- Experienced leadership teams who are masters of scale and facilitate smart growth.
- Regular gatherings and Team events like Christmas parties, Oktoberfest, Apero’s, hence plenty of jokes and laughs .
If you’re passionate for technology and blockchain with a massive worldwide impact, then please send us your CV!