Overview Our vision is to digitize the global commodities trading industry. Our client is building a platform underpinned by Blockchain that will ultimately disrupt the commodities markets. They
Our vision is to digitize the global commodities trading industry.
Our client is building a platform underpinned by Blockchain that will ultimately disrupt the commodities markets.
They support an agile culture, with continuous delivery and deployment. Working with emerging technologies and approaches such as Blockchain, AI, ML, DevOps, provides opportunities for innovation and requires a problem solving mindset.
You will have a unique opportunity to shape the development of the platform and play a key role in ensuring that our platform is modular and highly robust, thus guaranteeing our rapid expansion into new markets.
- They have an innovative mindset, keeping ahead of technology evolution with a desire to learn new technologies;
- They have a startup environment with no top-down hierarchy. We trust you and expect you to make changes;
- They have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative (while empowering others to do the same);
- They put people first;
- They appreciate transparency through open access to information;
- They are not afraid to challenge the status quo;
- They are a multicultural and international team.
On top of the Software Developer responsibilities, the “Dev Lead” has the following ones:
- Lead the other Software Developers, act as their main tech reference;
- Owns and drive the IT´s vision of delivering the feature that the team is responsible for;
- Represent the interests of your team, which means “to be their voice” in ceremonies or meetings such as architecture forum;
- Participate in the inception/discovery of solutions – partner with the Product Specialist, UX/UI Designer and Tech BA to help to find solutions for our Clients and business stakeholders, making sure the solution is technically feasible to be implemented;
- Identify, communicate and follow-up on blockers and areas for improvement;
- Collaborate with functional heads and others to ensure constant improvement;
- Own team responsibility of delivering code of quality – including work done by QA.
Key Skills and Experience
- 5+ years shipping back-end code (preferably Java + Spring Boot) in a high-quality production environment, with exposure to front-end development;
- Experience with data and event-based architectures (API development,SQL/NoSQL data stores, messaging queues, etc.);
- Experience building and deploying microservices in production;
- Experience of working in an Agile mode, knowledge of associated tools and approaches;
- Strong communication skills with a proven history of interfacing with business-level stakeholders, both technical and non-technical alike;
- Computer science, engineering or related degree;
- Fluent English.
- Experience working with Cloud Platform AWS, Azure
- Financial services or Commodities background
- Knowledge of Blockchain/ Ethereum / Solidit