BitMEX is the world's leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innov
BitMEX is the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
As the world’s most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
To manage the efficient operation of the tax function as part of the broader finance function. Ensure compliance with local and global tax regimes. Identify potential tax issues and provide corrective solutions to Group businesses. Provide tax advice and tax inputs on transfer pricing projects. Assist in preparing tax returns and manage third party service providers. Manage tax risks and tax reporting and enhance tax proficiency in order to stay on top of group business development.
- Responsible for handling tax accounting and compliance matters
- Ensure all accounting procedures meet compliance and tax statutory requirements
- Assist in enhancement and production of transfer pricing documentation, tax provisions and corporate taxation issues
- Manage the process of preparing and reviewing tax returns
- Manage various Transfer Pricing (TP) projects
- Manage local GST/VAT obligations in various territories
- Perform ad-hoc tax and/or accounting assignments as required
- Research and interpret a variety of income tax planning issues
- Assist in the development of solutions on tax issues based on local or domestic income tax, corporate tax, international tax, and custom tax principles
- Handle technical issues concerning employee remuneration
- Assist in the provision of advice on individual income tax returns
- Monitor local and international developments in tax regulations around the globe
- Assist in the regular update of the Group’s tax policy to ensure compliance with updated international tax regulations
- Help liaise with internal and external stakeholders on tax enquiries
- Degree holder with professional tax qualifications
- Minimum of 6 years of experience; specialized in corporate tax preferably with international tax exposures including Switzerland, Singapore, Bermuda and Hong Kong
- Knowledge in tax technology solutions is an advantage
- The ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization and interface with cross-functional people in the group is essential
- Quick learner to keep updated of newest technology and tax law changes
- A strong desire to be challenged – this role will require adaptability and an ability to thrive in a fast changing environment
- Presentable, pleasant, strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good command of spoken and written English
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.