Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
At the IBM offices in Amsterdam an interesting position has become vacant for a Tax accounting & compliance analyst. The Dutch tax team consists of four persons (VAT, CIT, Wage Tax) and the position will be reporting into the regional tax manager Northern Europe. (You will be a key player in the Dutch tax team and function in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment. To succeed, you must be technically skilled, a self-starter, able to grasp complex situations quickly, and have a hands-on approach, a passion to ‘get things done’ and a ‘can-do’ attitude. More specifically the tasks and responsibilities include:
- Preparing, or supervise the preparation of, complex (Dutch) corporate income tax returns for the Dutch entities of the IBM group.
- Timely identifying possible exposures in tax returns and report them.
Tax accounting and reporting
- Assist with the preparation of timely, accurate and efficient calculation of the monthly, quarterly and annual US GAAP tax provision (FIN48) for IBM’s Dutch entities, both current and deferred taxes.
- Assist with the preparation of supporting documentation for the (US and Non US) related filings .
- Assist with monitoring tax risks provisions, cash tax position and effective tax rate.
- Assist with various SOX related compliance matters.
- Assist with DAC 6/MDR compliance.
- Identify improvements to the tax reporting and tax compliance process.
- Assist finance and other departments with tax related questions and provisioning.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A minimum of five to seven years tax experience in a public accounting firm or a multinational enterprise.
- A strong background in tax compliance and tax accounting skills. Experience in US GAAP/Dutch GAAP and/or IFRS would be an asset.
- Fluency in English and Dutch is essential.
- Significant comfort and ability with Excel spreadsheets and other Microsoft applications are very important.
- Experience working with Thompson Onesource.
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of individuals internally and externally, both domestic and international.
- High energy level.
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities and culturestactful, mature, flexible.
- Solid analytical / reasoning abilities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Resourceful and well organized, strong project management skills.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
You are a self starter and have ability to multitask and comfortable working in cross-functional teams, in a fast paced corporate environment.
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
In a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.