The Internet Computer is the fastest and only infinitely scalable general-purpose blockchain — incubated and launched by the DFINITY Foundation in May 2021. A team of over 200 world renowned cryptogra
The Internet Computer is the fastest and only infinitely scalable general-purpose blockchain — incubated and launched by the DFINITY Foundation in May 2021. A team of over 200 world-renowned cryptographers, distributed systems engineers, and programming language experts have taken on the massive technological challenge of building, maintaining, and continuously improving a ‘world computer’ powerful enough to host Web3 dApps, DeFi, games, NFTs, social media, and metaverse projects.
DFINITY was founded in 2016 by entrepreneur and crypto theoretician, Dominic Williams, and attracted interest and financial contributions from early members of the Ethereum community. Later, top-tier institutions such as Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, and SV Angel backed the Internet Computer in a collective effort to help build out Web3.
As a Systems Engineer on DFINTY’s Platform Operations team, you will be a critical enabler of our vision. You will build and support our Corporate on-prem private cloud as well as our Managed and External Corporate DFINITY Data Centers.
- Design, automate and operationalize, and optimize networks in support of our Data Centers. Assist with the planning, installation, configuration, optimization, operation, and ongoing maintenance of the computers and global data centers
- Oversee network performance, the monitoring of equipment and the management of vendor relationships
- Continually monitor and assess utilization for capacity planning and process improvement
- Ensure that processes are well-documented, sustainable and scalable
- Implements and monitors practices to ensure consistency with policies, compliance regulations, Service Level Agreements, and control requirements
- Participate in the analysis, selection and modification of network lifecycle tooling
- Installation of network hardware/software, linux-based NOS and equipment
- Provide direction and solutions to protect the company’s data, tools and information systems
- Ensure network architecture standards maximize efficiency and support platform compatibility
- Coordinate delivery of services to user groups and ensure Data Center Services are uninterrupted.
Background and Skills:
- Considerable knowledge of network-based systems operations and maintenance, including a good understanding of protocols and tools necessary for effective resolution of maintenance requests and tracking operational processes
- At least 5 years experience with modern data center networking technologies such as: WAN networking, firewall, VPN, DNS, load-balancing, BGP, Cumulus, SONiC, IPv6, underlay/overlay networks, SD-WAN, OOB networks, VXLAN
- Extensive experience in building, operating and performing network capacity planning for global data centers
- In-depth knowledge of the following: data center facilities management, backbone networks, compute networks, large-scale storage area networks (SAN) and data center provisioning
- Experienced with automation and orchestration tools like: Ansible, Terraform, Helm, kubernetes, Openstack.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with people from different disciplines and degrees of technical experience
5% travel may be required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.