Introduction System Services Representatives are the primary technical interface to clients for the coordination of hardware and software support and delivery of operational services. Sound pretty im
System Services Representatives are the primary technical interface to clients for the coordination of hardware and software support and delivery of operational services. Sound pretty important? Absolutely! You will advise clients of preventive maintenance, configuration, operation and environmental factors which may drastically impact product performance or impair the client’s IT operation.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- You advise clients of preventive maintenance, configuration, operation and environmental factors which may impact product performance or impair client’s IT operation.
- You may also perform services activities such as systems solution assurance, installation planning, account management, systems-level problem determination, discontinuance and relocation of IBM and non-IBM systems and products.
- You are accountable to ensure a high level of client satisfaction with service delivery, technical support and operational services for the client account(s). When critical situations occur, you are the IBM technical interface to clients and manage the situation until the problem is fixed.
- You have a thorough understanding of, and are able to articulate, IBM’s technical support strategy.
- You are responsible for the technical value relationship to protect revenue base and identify new services opportunities.
- You focus on individual/team objectives and development of professional effectiveness.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
We are looking for a professional with:
- Minimum 3 years of technical experience, incl. technical apprenticeship
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Readiness to cover Swiss Italian area (other Swiss areas could occasionally be defined, according to business need)
- Strong technical background in Engineering/Electronics/Information and Communication Technology
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to work independently and self-organization (personal accountability)
- Italian native, English fluent, German/French is a plus.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Hardware maintenance skills
- Understanding of basic IT infrastructure concepts (Hosts, Storage Solutions, SAN, Networking, etc.)
- Basic OS or open source Linux knowledge
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate – they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world’s most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.