Job description For our Berlin office we are looking for a System Administrator with strong networking experience who is eager to learn and help us to share our next generation digital asset product
For our Berlin office we are looking for a System Administrator with strong networking experience who is eager to learn and help us to share our next generation digital asset products.
We are building a team with diversity of thought and background—where everyone is encouraged to come up with new ideas to make our customers’ lives better.
- Maintain and grow internal infrastructure including, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, security updates; support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments.
- Build and maintain firewalls, VPNs, and site-to-site tunnels.
- Monitor infrastructure health and respond to issues as they arise. Help build, test, and maintain servers as needed.
- Research, analyze, implement and maintain new solutions for our infrastructure.
- Proactively audit and test the flexibility, scalability, and resilience of the system, including our networks and backups.
- Participate in on-call rotation to respond to critical system outage.
- At least 2 years of experience working as a Systems Administrator, Network Administrator, or DevOps Engineer.
- You love CLI Linux systems (RHEL/CentOS, Debian).
- Experience with networking and firewalls (pfSense, OpnSense, Smoothwall, IPCop, Cisco, or Ubiquiti; VLANs; iptables; tcpdump).
- Experience setting-up secure (site-to-site) VPNs (ipsec, OpenVPN, BGP).
- You can program in at least one of the following languages: python, bash, perl, java, C, C++.
- You have excellent troubleshooting skills. You can look at a problem from different angles and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dig into the unknown.
- You are comfortable doing operational work that’s not automated in the beginning, but you proactively look for ways to unload the burden through automation and identify the point where efforts on automation stop bringing value.
- Excellent communication skills in English with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical teams – German and other languages are a plus!
Good to have
- Experience with FOSS tools (puppet, ansible, chef, salt, nagios, terraform, packer, graylog, etc).
- Experience with DBs (PostgreSQL or MySQL).
- Experience with aws and related tools (EC2, ELBs, S3, IAM, EBS, EFS, lambda, etc).
- Experience with DevOps tools (Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, Docker).
- Experience with FreeNAS (iXsystems, ZFS, MinIO S3, NFS, CIFS, SAMBA).
- Experience with load balancers, distributed DCs, CDNs, etc (Nginx, Apache, HAProxy, F5, ELBs, Varnish, CloudFlare, Akamai, CloudFront, etc).
- Experience with Hardware-Security-Modules (HSMs).
- Have an understanding of cryptography and popular security-related tools (asymmetric crypto, gpg, bitcoin, etherium, iptables, tcpdump/wireshark, nmap, pfSense, OpenVPN, tripwire, ossec, wazuh, auditd, nessus, snort, kali linux, QubesOS, whonix, tor, luks, veracrypt, FileVault, etc).
- Previous experience within Financial Services and/or FinTech startups is a plus!
Why you should apply
- Diverse and inclusive team: We are from 10+ different countries with diversity of both thought and background on a mission to disrupt the digital asset industry. We support each other and take pride in our achievements. We attract talents from companies like McKinsey, Credit Suisse, JP Morgan, Google, Moonfare, and N26.
- Ownership & learning-curve: Opportunity to make an active contribution to the growth story of one of the leading disruptors in the FinTech industry.
- Communication: We treat our staff like owners by being open, transparent, and providing regular communication about our direction and progress. We provide regular insights into decision making, strategy, and company-wide OKR progress so that each of our employees is aligned and empowered. We are also always aiming to improve how we can more effectively communicate.
- Office: We offer both the flexibility to work remotely or to work in style and comfort from our modern office at Checkpoint Charlie, the heart of Berlin (at the moment, we all work from home).
Finoa is an equal opportunity employer devoted to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.