IBM Security is a pioneer and world leader in software and services that protect corporate and personal information from an ever-changing spectrum of online threats and misuse. IBM Security core operations are performed in Security Operations Centers (SOC) located in 10 locations around the Globe. SOC Poland is 2nd largest center covering globally all MSS operations. This role will participate in supporting Security Services Infrastructure Team in everyday IT operation.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Your responsibilities as System Administrator will include (not limited to):
- Patching Red Hat/Centos Servers in production environments
- Troubleshoot software and network systems
- Provide ongoing documentation of infrastructure and system changes
- Perform occasional on call duty system administration
- Manage and maintain assigned work queues (different types of tickets, including user management)
- Responsible for troubleshooting different problems as reported by users
- Participate in after hours and weekend maintenance and upgrade projects as needed
- Perform project-based implementation work as assigned
- Automation / scripting (shell, Perl, PHP, etc.)
- Create technical documentation and work instructions
- Regular worklog updates of all assigned tickets
- Completion of work by assigned due date
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends software and hardware products
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years hands on Linux server experience in production environment
- Experience with ESX virtualization
- English: Advanced/Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of combined experience in software engineering and Linux system administration
- Experience with Jira/Remedy/ServiceNow
Would be an advantage if You have:
- Experience working with Windows server,
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, switching, firewalls, and encryption,
- Knowledge of Ansible, Shell, Python, Terraform, Kubernetes, Microservices, OpenShift,
- MSS Security Products knowledge (like Qradar SIEM etc)
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.